Judging By The Cover: Judging Transformers: Devastation

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
That cover could do with a wee bit more in the way of smoke and laser blasts.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'm not going to froth at the mouth here. That is Devestator. He's a Combiner. He's made up of 5 individual Transformers, each of which is a construction machine.
Get it? They look like they construct things, but they devastate instead.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
So, am I the only one who thinks these should *ALL* end with that classic "mic dropping" sound effect?
All the zingers are SUPER strong and awesome! In my mind I just hear that sound of 'being served'.
Now that I think about it I even see Yahtzee looking absurdly cross, with his crossed hands making Westside symbols like he's on a really bad 90's rap albumcover. :O

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Practice your french. I know just about enough french to order an ice cream, and I still felt faintly disgusted at whatever you were playing at in the titles.

Not disgusted enough to avoid that horrible adverb but there we are.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I was kind of hoping it'd be done in french and english all the way through.

Sometimes, I can't tell if Yahtzee really doesn't know anything about some of this pop culture stuff or if he's just really good at pretending.

Hey, at least the guys on the cover weren't reflecting some sort of fire like all of those modern war games.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Oh, as soon as he said the bit about Devastator, I thought "he's gonna boil so much fanboy piss!"

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Silentpony said:
I'm not going to froth at the mouth here. That is Devestator. He's a Combiner. He's made up of 5 individual Transformers, each of which is a construction machine.
Are these individual construction machines all painted flourescent lime green and/or violet?

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
hazydawn said:
Silentpony said:
Are these individual construction machines all painted flourescent lime green and/or violet?
They are lime green.

It's a legit color for construction vehicles.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1271/987510250_e477e8dd0b_z.jpg?zz=1

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
hazydawn said:
Silentpony said:
Ayup. Look up "Constructicons" in Google.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Draconalis said:
They are lime green.

AH, my eyes! That shouldn't be a legit color for anything... except maybe techno raves.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
hazydawn said:
Draconalis said:
They are lime green.

AH, my eyes! That shouldn't be a legit color for anything... except maybe techno raves.
That's the point.... they WANT you to see them...

...so when you run into them due to blindness, they can claim you were at fault

Mar 30, 2010
Barbas said:
That cover could do with a wee bit more in the way of smoke and laser blasts.
The audio for the title menu could've done with a wee bit more of "The Touch". Although I think I'd have suffered an 80's overload if they'd thought that far ahead. Or back.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Grouchy Imp said:
The audio for the title menu could've done with a wee bit more of "The Touch". Although I think I'd have suffered an 80's overload if they'd thought that far ahead. Or back.
I think I could live with being touched up by a Yahtzee video. I mean wait, what?

Mar 30, 2010
Barbas said:
Grouchy Imp said:
I think I could live with being touched up by a Yahtzee video. I mean wait, what?
Hey, whatever floats your boat. Tell you what, I'll pop the vid right here and you can Touch yourself to your hearts content:

This hasn't gotten weird at all...

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Grouchy Imp said:
[HEADING=2]AAAAAAAAAAAH YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH![/HEADING]​

Such great music, it complements the robots perfectly...

Where was I the last four minutes...

That cover logo should have had way more cybernetic embellishment.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
You know Yahtzee, there actually IS a transformer that turns into a combine, Thunderhoof from the current Robots in Disguise cartoon. Of course his robot mode doesn't have a cowboy hat, more like moose antlers made out of the thresher, but isn't it just hilarious when you say something sarcastically and it turns out to actually be like that?