Judging By The Cover: Out Of This World - Good But Strange Box Art

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
Man, that was a blast from the past. I remember Snesing Another World back in the day although, now Yahtzee's pointed it out, the box art was pretty pants. Still, great game though, and funny episode. Enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I like how when he really likes something he makes these grand assumptions. Oh, the faceless red-head is bravely embracing the new mysterious world with wonder and curiosity is he?
Well to me he's an air-traffic controller who was waving down an approaching airplane, but dropped the little light signals into a great big chasm, causing flight 407 to crash into an inconveniently placed rock tower, leading his rock man supervisor to turn away in disappointment.
And our hero is frozen with fear as he realizes the hundreds of lives lost to his butter-fingers and that he is SO fired...

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I will always like how you cut the video off abruptly after a random line.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I thought the guy on the first cover was hoping he'd get hit by lightning so he could do a reenactment of 'the quickening'.

Splendid series.
My artistic soul has been nurtured.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Silentpony said:
I like how when he really likes something he makes these grand assumptions. Oh, the faceless red-head is bravely embracing the new mysterious world with wonder and curiosity is he?
Well to me he's an air-traffic controller who was waving down an approaching airplane, but dropped the little light signals into a great big chasm, causing flight 407 to crash into an inconveniently placed rock tower, leading his rock man supervisor to turn away in disappointment.
And our hero is frozen with fear as he realizes the hundreds of lives lost to his butter-fingers and that he is SO fired...
I like your interpretation better. To me, he messed up the mood by implying America is not a real country.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
I love these so much. This one is my favorite so far.

Regards,

Mike Aruba
-----------------

For real though - I really love these!

kimiyoribaka

Jul 11, 2012
I feel like the first cover was inappropriate because it seemed to be for a much better game. I never got a sense of wonder from another world. I got a sense as if the developer hated the players and would've rather made an art-house movie.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
kimiyoribaka said:
I feel like the first cover was inappropriate because it seemed to be for a much better game. I never got a sense of wonder from another world. I got a sense as if the developer hated the players and would've rather made an art-house movie.
I first played it when DOS 2.1 was a thing. I used floppy discs to load it onto a 486SX25 computer with a 220 Meg Hard Drive.

And believe you me: I thought I'd died and gone to PC heaven.

This is at a time when Duck Hunt was thought to be cutting edge. It was hard though. I died many times before I gave up. Now I'll have to go to youtube to see if I can find out what ended up happening.

Good thing I gave up.

Grey_Area

Jun 26, 2008
New contender for personal favourite - Doom or (Out Of This)Another World.
Keep nailing it with the Classics!