Jury rules Casey Anthony Not Guilty

Philip Petrunak

Apr 3, 2010
My verdict? Guilty, the media that is, for drawing attention to stupid bullshit like this instead of shit that actually matters.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
seriously? it's only been about 3 years since this case first started. what is wrong with you legal system?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I barely know the details, but I'm sick of hearing it. (Though from what I can tell, both sides seem to be at fault, the prosecution for handling it wrong, and the defendant for coming across as a bit of a *****...)

All we can do now is to watch the fallout.

...Is it wrong for me to want to see mobs/riots?

Wait, don't answer that.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
The Lesbian Flower said:
She had absolutely no reaction when the defense was telling how gruesome her child's death was and describing it in great detail but was in tears during her verdict. That doesn't seem right.
Could be "wrong", could be somebody who simply shuts down outward displays of emotional response under stress, and breaks up when she realises that the whole thing is over. Or any other explanation really.

The only "not right" here is assuming you can draw any kind of conclusion from emotional responses made under amounts of stress most of us can't even imagine.

And to everyone here calling for a good ol' lynching: do you realise that regardless of the verdict she's just been handed down a life sentence? All the media coverage made pretty sure that from now on she's going to be receiving death treaths by the railcar.

Chedderwolf

Jan 21, 2011
What i find really odd, is that all of the jurors were dressed in their finest Sunday clothing, like they knew if they said "Not Guilty" the media would swarm them with cameras. That makes me RAGE and very suspicious.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Katana314 said:
I'm fine with it. I'll consider the facts...

- This woman is scarred by the media for life, and may not be able to show her face to anyone around her again
- She certainly lied, but it's certainly possible she's innocent. SOMETHING convinced the jury. Keep in mind, readers of this article haven't seen all the facts. The media may not have seen all the facts. The jury has.
- If she IS guilty, this woman is not at all likely to kill someone again, especially after this whole trial. The purpose of criminal justice is not for the dead to assume revenge; it is to act as a deterrent against further crimes. Problem solved.
- If she IS guilty, no mother could live without horrible nightmares of her moment of anger.

There, all said and done. No reason for anyone to worry about it anymore.
I really just have one thing to say in response:
There are people in this world that are plenty screwed up in the head to not be effected by even something like killing their own child. That's all I have to say because I don't actually know any of the facts of this case, I merely wanted to point that out.

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
This is the problem we have when the media makes a circus out of a particular case and trial. The public ignores the evidence and simply makes a judgment based on their feelings or instincts and then is stupidly outraged when the legal system refuses to do the same.

Let me get this out of the way before I rant: I think Casey is a sociopath and a sick person. I think she was capable of killing her own daughter to avoid the responsibility that comes with being a parent. I detest the act of lying under oath, and I hope the judge hands her the maximum possible sentence for that.

But I don't understand how anyone could have possibly expected her to be found guilty. There was NO CAUSE OF DEATH. Without a cause of death, it's impossible to prove murder or even manslaughter. None of you can possibly say with 100% certainty that Caylee was murdered. And, it follows that if no one can prove Caylee was murdered, it would also be impossible for anyone to be found guilty of murdering her. I don't understand how the case wasn't thrown out by the judge without a cause of death. It was a complete waste of everyone's time.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
To be fair, her case has been so overblown the facts given to the public were probably biased against here, that's how the news works nowdays.

I havn't been watching the trial, so I don't know how accurate my statement is.

Honestly, this gives me HOPE about our system: If a jury can find her not guilty, then jury can find a person under arrest for something stupid not guilty.

WorldFree55

May 22, 2011
The American justice system is obviously screwed up and is clearly not close to the best in the world has people have claimed over and over in the past. This is taking a reasonable doubt to a whole new level.

Munchu

Jun 4, 2011
It bugs me that this gets so much news coverage when there's way more important things going on. Yes, it's sad and dramatic but it's not very important.
That said, I think the jury didn't make the wrong choice. That's not to say that I think this woman is innocent, but the prosecution didn't really show very convincing evidence (whether that's laziness on their part, or simply the fact that getting sufficient evidence is practically impossible, I don't know), and I think there was room for reasonable doubt, even with the mom's apparent happiness/apathy and partying. I can't know whether or not she's guilty of murder, but I think she should definitely be charged child neglect (if it applies in this case).