Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009

Well, guess a chronological breakdown is worth it.

Wingsuit is looking fun, as is the return of hijacking planes.

Lotta things looking eerily similar to just cause 2, maybe i-wait did he just derail a train?!

Flying planes into stuff to break them, classic. Physics are looking really nice.

The constant explosions kinda make it difficult to discern WHAT is exploding. A big hope for me was that the game would have fully destructible environments. I know that's a tall order, especially given the massive maps Just Cause is famous for, but it's a hope.

Final thoughts:

This would be more impressive to me if this was an actual gameplay trailer. I don't doubt some of this was captured gameplay, but I don't count the constant cuts and obvious non-player based camera angles as gameplay. An impressive gameplay trailer would have been someone playing a demo played by TotalBiscuit, Jim Sterling, or Angry Joe, something like that.

I'm hopeful though. Just Cause 2 was a barrel of fun and this looks like a very nice addition to the series. I might actually pre-order it, if only to save a couple bucks on the list price.

Anyone else excited?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Let's hope they actually make interesting missions this time.

All the traversing and hopping on vehicles and shit was kinda fun in Just Cause 2, but beyond that the game was pretty boring.

Mental Cosmas

Jul 23, 2012
I agree, they really should have just put it from the perspective of which one will actually play it with the proper gameplay segments. I know it was still gameplay footage just given some cinematic angles, but... Iunno, maybe Battlefront just left a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm curious as to whether they've removed the quicktime event to hijack a vehicle, it looks like it from the scene with the plane buuuut it might have been a strategic cut there. I'm not sure whether I wanted it removed or just somehow made more interesting but yeah.

I'm hoping some of the civilian shots aren't cutscenes so much as environmental things, making the places feel more alive would be nice, I know it's not the point of the game but I suspect there'd be a decent few people who'd appreciate it.

I forget, could you actually do a wheelie in the second game on a motorbike? I don't recall being able to, and it could make using a motorbike more fun. I recall hitting something when riding at speeds usually flung you unceremoniously, this is just begging for some more stunts.

The train derailment looks awesome, although I suspect that's probably exclusive to a mission in it. The scene with using the bus as a battering ram with the helicopter also looked a lot faster then I think doing that was in JC2, and being able to fling more weight around is a very good thing.

And... yeah, I agree the physics look like they've had an upgrade, which was a very good move. That's where half the fun is XD. I do agree fully destructible would be awesome, a pipe dream, but awesome all the same.

I semi-agree with Shinji though, the missions in JC2 could get a little repetitive. But there were gems among them. My fave was probably the one with the limos and the motorbike with the ramp.

But back on topic. Yes, I am very excited, probably will wait for the reviews though.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Let's hope they actually make interesting missions this time.
But Com-raid, you didn't like the missions in Just Cause 2? Why not Ser DADU? Not but seriously yeah I started skipping those ignorant cutscenes and dialogues that were all the same and I was like CALL ME COMRAID (comrade) ONE MORE TIME WOMAN, or Ser Dadu... GAAAHHHH. I wanted to shoot those people in the face. If anything the storyline could use a BIG improvement compared to the 2nd one. There were a few fun scripted missions that were pretty exciting but for the most part it was really a slog.

The game, however, was excellent. It was like a Michael Bay movie where you're just making all the havoc happen. Can I tether a guy to a propane canister and shoot it and... oh yes he's flying through the air screaming and that's amazing.

The first game was an interesting concept, but I really hated it. The gunplay was weak, the world very repetitive, the vehicles kind of bland... The second game greatly improved on the formula (though the gun play could use more work), I have high hopes for this game. Third times a charm, right?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Mental Cosmas said:
I'm curious as to whether they've removed the quicktime event to hijack a vehicle, it looks like it from the scene with the plane buuuut it might have been a strategic cut there. I'm not sure whether I wanted it removed or just somehow made more interesting but yeah.
Admittidly, i've never liked QTE's, but at the same time, if i'm hijacking a vehicle, it would be nice to feel I put some sort of actual effort into fighting for ownership of it. Just pressing one button would remove any weight to the action. Though pressing 3 wouldn't make much difference, so i'm not sure what would be a good work around. A button mash perhaps? Flinging the controller senselessly around to appease motion controls? I don't know.

Mental Cosmas

Jul 23, 2012
A button mash... I like that idea, so long as it's kept snappy enough. Suits the game quite well really.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I have a thing I do. I watch trailer with the audio muted so that there are no implied promises delivered through the soundtrack. If the video still looks cool, then I'll allow myself to get interested in the game. This passed that test I feel.