Just Cause 3 Patch 1.02 Fixes Load Times, Performance Issues

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Just Cause 3 Patch 1.02 Fixes Load Times, Performance Issues

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/884/884575.jpg

Patch promises "significantly improved loading times."

A new patch [https://justcause.com/en-us/blog/jc3-patch-1-02-an-update-for-our-fans] for Just Cause 3 is coming this week, promising improved load times, general performance issues, and more. Patch 1.02 hit PS4 in Europe first today, with other consoles anticipated over the next couple of days "pending final approvals," with the PC version slated for Friday.

The 132.1 MB patch includes:

Significantly improved loading times
Optimizations to online stats
General stability fixes
Fixed an issue related to challenges, wherein vehicles sometimes disappeared when starting a challenge
Fixed issues related to screen resizing and closing the game window before the game has fully started up [PC ONLY]

"Since launch, we've been pouring through your reviews and comments to help us prioritize our fixes accordingly," the post reads. "We know many of you have been patiently awaiting today's patch, and this update is part of a much larger plan to optimize and improve the game."

Just Cause 3 released on December 1 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Hey, Warner Bros. Are you seeing this?

I haven't had any issues myself, but I do hope this improves performance for those affected by the slow load times.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I know it would set a bad precedent but these are the kind of patches that make me wish for re-reviews.

The game sounds like an absolute blast. I played Just Cause 2 and greatly enjoyed it and if JC3 is the same thing in a bigger and prettier form, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. BUT...with all these technical issues all the reviews bring up, it sounds like it cripples the experience. IF those issues truly get fixed though...

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I wouldn't really say it's "fixed" loading times and performance. They've improved them, but it still runs pretty poorly for me regardless of settings and loading times can still be 30-60 seconds.

EeviStev

Mar 2, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
I know it would set a bad precedent but these are the kind of patches that make me wish for re-reviews.

The game sounds like an absolute blast. I played Just Cause 2 and greatly enjoyed it and if JC3 is the same thing in a bigger and prettier form, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. BUT...with all these technical issues all the reviews bring up, it sounds like it cripples the experience. IF those issues truly get fixed though...
I wouldn't go so far as to say it cripples the experience, though it's a matter of opinion and I'm certainly glad I didn't pay for the game (it's my housemate's).
The worst thing is it takes/took a minute to retry challenges, and ten seconds to stuff up again.