Just doing you all a favor.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I hope it isn't as po-faced as GTA4, and that they actually give us a likeable protagonist this time.

It certainly looks very pretty.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
I'm cautiously optimistic. Frankly all I could think while watching this video was how much I wanted him to stop flailing his goddamn arms around while he walked.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
Well it is not yet on my 'must buy' list, but it is certainly on my watch list, looks pretty good.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
EspirituExterminatus said:
Eh it looks okay. Sure it is stealing a lot from others of the genre like Gun or Call of Juarez but I am willing to over look that. However Rockstar kind of puts me off and the fact that it is not on PC instantly puts me right off. Console shooters are just horrible.
If they decide to release it on PC I may check it out but its hardly pant ruining good.
A) I fail to see how it steals from either Call of Juarez or Gun. They're just in the same genre. After that, I fail to see many similarities.
B) No, shooters on consoles are not horrible. Maybe you've just never used an analog stick before, but I've never seen anything wrong with using a controller in a shooter instead of a mouse and keyboard (unless you count Fallout 3.) Besides, it appears to be using a lock on system.
mechanixis said:
I'm cautiously optimistic. Frankly all I could think while watching this video was how much I wanted him to stop flailing his goddamn arms around while he walked.
I can understand this. His walking animation is a little off.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Looks alright. By which I mean it looks like the mutant lovechild of GTA4 and Fallout 3. It's probably not the sort of thing I'd be interested in buying (despite owning both its parents) but no doubt I'll get to play it at some point because it looks exactly like the sort of thing my brother would go for.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Looks like what Gun could and should have been. Not that Gun wasn't an awesome game, but it could have been so much more. Nice to see someone else going in that direction again after all these years.

AshuraSpeaks

Jun 12, 2008
thecaptainof said:
Looks alright. By which I mean it looks like the mutant lovechild of GTA4 and Fallout 3. It's probably not the sort of thing I'd be interested in buying (despite owning both its parents) but no doubt I'll get to play it at some point because it looks exactly like the sort of thing my brother would go for.
THIS. Except I might actually get it since I don't own Fallout 3 and GTA 4 was way too depressing, despite having a protagonist I liked.

Plus, if my dad were still alive, we'd so be playing it.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
looks good to me.
looks like we'll be having another one of those bra competitions of yathzee's. although I really don't want to see cowboys in bra's *shudders*

Agrael

Jul 16, 2009
Yeah, between Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 - if I get time, I will most likely buy this game.

Looks fun, and is made with the GTA IV engine (You can see that!)

O277

Feb 25, 2009
Wasn't really bothered about the game tbh.

Now I've seen gameplay, I'm impressed, will keep an eye on it, I'm all for lasso-ing bandits haha!

Beefjerky

Sep 9, 2008
Looks really good.

I've been waiting for some more western shooters. CoJ: Bound in Blood didn't quite satisfy my needs...

Lord Benny

Apr 14, 2009
So it's Fallout 3 except wild west? No, wait, F3 is pretty wild west... So it's Fallout 3 with less cool guns? I geuss that might work out. But the vid didn't say squat about brothels. That kinda sucked. Wild West needs brothels and sassy hookers packing mini-heat! I just won't do without it. Still, bloody shame I won't be able to play it.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
THANK GOD.

I'm happy to see this-- Grand theft auto is SO played out. This is a title I will add to my ever-growing list of considerations.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Looks good. I will wait to see what the reviews say before I make my decision.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
I wasn't at all interested in this game when I entered this thread. Not even a little bit.

That video was pretty impressive though. I may have to keep an eye on this game.
This. I hadn't even heard of the game prior to this thread. Now I will definately keep tabs on it when release comes close.