Just got a PS3. Suggestions?

NotAProdigy

Sep 10, 2009
Flippin' Street Fighter IV! I know it's not an exclusive, but a well made fighting game is always awesome.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Flower, I so want a PS3 just to play the game. It is a game that can be called art. It is so different and good. I wish I could say more, but I have never played it just watched other people play it.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
delta4062 said:
mykalwane said:
Flower, I so want a PS3 just to play the game. It is a game that can be called art. It is so different and good. I wish I could say more, but I have never played it just watched other people play it.
It's nothing amazing gameplay wise, all you do is tilt the controllr and watch the petals fly.
I know, how a game revolves about that is so interesting just like Katamari Damachi where all you are doing is rolling things up.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Return it for a 360!

Ok... flaming aside... definitely check out Fat Princess

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Valkyria Chronicles is pretty great. In gameplay. The story is the manifestation of everything that is wrong with anime, despite what the fanboys will tell you, but the gameplay is great even with its couple flaws.

NotAProdigy

Sep 10, 2009
Axeli said:
Valkyria Chronicles is pretty great. In gameplay. The story is the manifestation of everything that is wrong with anime, despite what the fanboys will tell you, but the gameplay is great even with its couple flaws.
Agreed. Three things I hate in anime:

1. Angst Ex Machina
2. Valkyria Ex Machina
3. Bond-Villian stupidity

edit: Just thought of some more. Moral dissonance in heroes and moetards.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
NotAProdigy said:
Axeli said:
Agreed. Three things I hate in anime:

1. Angst Ex Machina
2. Valkyria Ex Machina
3. Bond-Villian stupidity
4. Moral dissonance in heroes
The fourth was an extra?

Edit:
Excuse me for the unforgivingly fast reply. =P

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Alright so I just got a PS3 and I'm feeling like I'm lacking stuff for it. I'm going to get uncharted 2 but I'm going to get one other game for it pretty soon. As of now all I have is MGS4. I was contemplating either Infamous, Littlebigplanet, or resistance 2, but if you have another suggestion I would like to hear it. Side note, I already have an xbox 360 so anything on both consoles that I want I probably already have
I'd actually suggest the original Resistance over 2; 2 has an alarmingly annoying 'writer on board' plot, a reduction to 2-weapons-only, less interesting weapons overall [the nerfed-for-multiplayer Bullseye is horrible], and really doesn't feel like it's set in the past like the previous one did. Plus they let you drive the tank rather than just taunting you with it.

Infamous is good, but avoid KZ2 if you've ever played an FPS in your entire life, and just play that again while looking at pictures of Crysis you've left out in the rain and then dragged through a particularly dirty puddle.

McHanhan

Sep 13, 2009
Krezor said:
Sell it and buy a 360?
Old joke is old.

Uncharted and LBP are probably the best you got in the market. Soon though you will have Silent Rain, an Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit clone

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction. Next installment is right around the corner,but you can have best game on a PS3 in your hands right about now,so GO GET IT! Mach schnell!

Trogd0r

Jun 5, 2008
I also picked up a slim last week,
and I have to say that Uncharted is a fenomenal game. Get it now.

I downloaded Flower and Fat Princess from a friend's account, but was severely unimpressed.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
My votes go for InFamous (which is on par with Prototype), LBP, R&C, Folklore, and if you can handle the messed up anime storylines, Valkyria Chronicles. VC is a great, great game if you ignore the cheesy and in some cases extremely emo story.

Also, SHATTER AND WIPEOUT!!!! By far the best PSN games. Flower is unique and cool implementation of motion controls, and Fat Princess is a cool multiplayer (get headsets for this one), but Shatter and Wipeout beats those two by miles.

Not released yet, but Heavy Rain, MAG, God of War 3, GT5 are all coming between now and April.

herio

May 20, 2009
what theres nothing much worth playing unless you like Disgaea and it plays dvds as well as blue ray