Just ordered myself a PS3.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Hey y'all :)
So I've been getting a little bored with my 360 lately, and to be honest, I'm a big fan of what has been before (PS1 & PS2), plus I'm loving the exclusives for the PS3 (JRPGs are my thaaannggg, amongst others).
I ordered myself a 320gb slim model, which comes with a controller, Uncharted 3, Faster on Blue-Ray, along with FF13-2 and an extra controller for just over £240, off of Amazon (Bundle style-yyyy).

Now, my question is, my fellow Escapists, What games shall I get? I'm looking mainly at exclusives, but all recommendations are welcome! Also any PS1 games that are on the store.

As a note, I have a broken arm at the moment, so games that take a lot of action aren't a priority, but like I said above, all recommendations are WELCOME! :D

I already have my eyes on getting;
Flow & Flower by ThatGameCompany.
FF7, 8 & 9
The Ico & SOTC Collection.
LittleBigPlanet 2.

In the long-run I'll also be checking out InFamous 1 & 2 because I've only heard good things about them.

Cheers for any recommendations in advance :)

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are great JRPGs... just not, you know, typical ones...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Folklore, you must check it out if you like JRPGs, and it's a gem in the early years of the console that was kinda over looked.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I quite like Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 probably not suitable for playing with a broken arm. Uncharted 3 is awesome, when I got my PS3 at christmas I thought Uncharted is shit I'm not playing that, then 2 weeks later bored as shit I played it and I wasn't heard from until I'd completed it. I want the first two games but I haven't gotten round o buying them.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Since we're venturing in to exclusive territory here, I would recommend Uncharted and Uncharted 2 to complete your trilogy. I wasn't overly impressed by the first game but had heard such rave things about the second so I powered through it. I ended up thoroughly enjoying Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

The whole trilogy is well worth your consideration if the Indiana Jones angle is your thing.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Wolfram01 said:
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are great JRPGs... just not, you know, typical ones...
Yeah I've been really considering getting those, might have to :)
...However at the moment, I know how difficult they are, and that you probably need quick reactions for them, so I'll have to wait for my arm to be in working order again :)

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I'd get some of the HD collections, the God of War games, Modnation Racers, Resistance and whatever everyone else has said

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Folklore, you must check it out if you like JRPGs, and it's a gem in the early years of the console that was kinda over looked.
Yeah I've heard of Folklore, does seem quite intriguing, if I can get it cheap online, might be quite the gem :)

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
I quite like Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 probably not suitable for playing with a broken arm. Uncharted 3 is awesome, when I got my PS3 at christmas I thought Uncharted is shit I'm not playing that, then 2 weeks later bored as shit I played it and I wasn't heard from until I'd completed it. I want the first two games but I haven't gotten round o buying them.
Ha! They are perhaps the best games then, the ones that you wouldn't initially touch with a bargepole, and then become one of your favourite series' of all-time :) I've already got my eyes on the 1st two, so I'm sure i'll have them in my collection in the not too distant future, although, I probably won't be much use at them with a broken arm aha.

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Are you UK or US or other?

If your in the UK, try and get hold of a PS3 only game called Record of Agrest war

It was brought out on the Xbox 360 in the US, but not over here, so if you haven't played it I highly reccomend it.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Keep tabs on Journey, it's supposed to come out in a few weeks. Also around that time is the release of Skullgirls (at least I hope so), in case you're into 2D fighters.

As far as the existing catalog goes, I could recommend Bayonetta and Darkness, both are action games, though.