Justice League - There Is No Justice Here

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I saw JL this weekend and I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't a GOOD movie, but it was fun enough that I didn't mind the various plot holes, poor CGI, and other missteps. DC is moving in the right direction with WW and now JL, but probably not fast enough to really save this franchise of films.

I will agree that for the first time in the DCEU, Superman felt like Superman. Flash was a little too neurotic for my tastes, but played comic relief well enough. Batman was a little off somehow in a way I can't put my finger on. I don't think it was Affleck's acting either, but something in the way the character was written. Aquaman was okay, and sadly Cyborg is rather forgettable. He just didn't really have much to do. And Wonder Woman was good, though not as good as in her stand-alone film, but that is a reasonable outcome of an ensemble movie like this.

Exley97_v1legacy

Jul 9, 2014
I don't begrudge anyone who liked JL, and I know quite a few people who really enjoyed the film, but I didn't care for it. In fact, I think I might actually like it less than BvS because for all the faults with the latter film, 1) at least there was *some* good stuff in there, 2) it was shot well (but definitely not edited well), 3) the film was vintage Snyder with enticing visuals and strong action sequences, and 4) the bad stuff in the film to me was at least interesting and worth discussing. On the other hand, JL was just....boring to me. It didn't do anything really terribly wrong ("Save...Martha!") but it didn't do anything well to me, and it ended up being a snooze fest. In fact the only thing that's interesting to me about the movie is comparing the early trailer footage with the finished product and trying to figure out what was reshot/changed and what Snyder's original vision would have been. But that's about it.