Justice League: War Kicks Off New DC Animated Universe

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Looks pretty good... but once again Steve Blum stars as Steve Blum. Immersion breaking by now.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
I've seen the Justice League War thing. It wasn't good. Superman was more a dudebro and you could literally see a point when Wonder Woman's panties started to get soaking wet for all the wrong reasons. They also tore Darksied a new asshole as the first enemy. The inter-character dynamics appear to be all 'edgy', reluctantly liking or respecting each other but not being friends. Probably not at the start but they'll grow to care for each other. Really, really bad. The only likeable characters I found were Cyborg and the Flash who at least seem themselves. Batman seemed like a bit of a dick, well, a bigger dick than he usually is. Hal was far too much a fly boy. Sure he has an ego and has his moments but he's often a reliable guy to have your back. The first half made him seem more like an overly arrogant fly boy getting his ego bruised repeatedly and deservedly.

I suppose the worst of it for me was the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing. They way they make her behave is very un-Wonder Woman like.

chaser5000

Sep 11, 2012
I actually liked it a lot, it had problems but I liked all the characters even if Wonder Woman got a little annoying. Even Batman was okay and I'm not a fan of Batman(there were still some parts that bugged me him magically knowing Superman's identity and him knowing what button freed Superman based on which hip the bad guy wore his knife)

The big weak point would probably be Darkseid, for the big world ending evil that forces the heroes to band together he never seems that threatening you never really get the feeling that they all need to come together to beat him.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Not liking the voice for Darkseid, but the rest is decent and would give it a shot.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I really hoping that they still do animated adaption from their one shot graphic novels (e.g. The Dark Knight Rise) as one of the things that I have been liking with the DC aniamted universe is the different artsytles used in that film like All-star Superman, Batman: Year One and Superman Vs The Elite etc.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
I really enjoy the New 52 stuff. I'd be willing to check this out, though based on some of the comments that might be a mistake.

I agree with some of the others though. I'd prefer a new television series rather than the occasional movie.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Duffeknol said:
Looks pretty good... but once again Steve Blum stars as Steve Blum. Immersion breaking by now.
Hah, Steve Blum. Before I saw Cowboy Bebop I knew him as "that guy whose in literally everything." He actually grated on my nerves, because he was always there. Then I saw Cowboy Bebop, and I forgave him a little bit. Samurai Champloo was even better.

HollowAvarice

Nov 30, 2013
Really cool version of Cyborg. I'm glad to see him taking a bigger role.

And if you didn't think DC was going to start going the Marvel post credit route, watch until after the credits.