Kane & Lynch Movie Needs a New Director

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
It needs a new director and a new character to play Lynch. Jamie Foxx is a good actor, but I really can't see him playing Lynch. His skin colour has nothing to do with it. I just can't see him acting like Kane. I think Jackie Earle Haley would be able to play Lynch more like the character of Lynch.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I don't care that he is black I care that he is Jamie Foxx, I hate that dick head. It's even worse when there are actually talented actors to put in the role, Mos Def is the first that comes to mind if they really wanted a black actor.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Yet again, a crappy game being developed into a crappy movie. I severely disliked that game, and no matter the name on the movie, I can't imagine they'd be able to spin gold from crap like that. But hey, I'm just glad to see Bruce Willis didn't hang it up with acting. But this should prove to be a hell of a challenge for him.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Im just going to see this movie for Bruce Willis.

And why the hell does Kane and Lynch get a movie before Metal Gear, FF8, or Zelda?

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
AMMO Kid said:
Casting Jamie Foxx????

I'd rather have Rick Ashley than Jamie Foxx...
Hey, there's a very low risk of him giving the project up or letting the director down.

On topic, while I'm not knowledgeable enough about film to judge the directors, I'll reiterate that this isn't likely to end well.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Can someone please tell me who decided that a game only like 100 people played needed to be made into a big-budget action movie? Especially since only like 10 of them actually liked it?

And if you guys know who said okay to this, could you also tell me how they came to this conclusion?

And how involved in all of this is Gamespot?

HA HA HA.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Actually, I was only talking about this part:
The Gentleman said:
This movie looks like Crank with less plot.
The Gentleman said:
I based that on my experiences with the first game[...]
Which still doesn't make any sense to me at all. The one thing the original game and Crank have in common is that there are guns fired in both.

Let's just not talk about Statham as a director. He never did it before, and just because it's not uncommon for directors to also act in their movies, he probably couldn't. Being a film director means a little more than just yelling at the actors, telling them what to do and cry about what makes you unhappy.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I thought it was supposed to be Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke as Kane and Lynch. Anyway this movie now went from "wanted to see it" to "wait for it to hit HBO" now.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
My question is - does anyone actually care about this movie? Hell does anyone actually care about this game?

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
Puddle Jumper said:
Kane & Lynch needs a new Lynch. That's all i'm saying.
Yeah, not against black people, or Jamie Foxx...but what the hell?

Oh, and a lot of you were saying how bad the game is, but I have to say some parts of it were pretty fun if you were able to get through the frustrating controls, bugs, and INSANE difficulty. I died so much on easy...and I wouldn't say I'm bad, even mediocre at games.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I liked the game purely because of how amoral it was and it was an ok freedom fighters style blast that was great in co-op.

Michael Mann is the only guy who could pull this off and get Billy Bob Thorntan to do Lynch. Then you MIGHT have a good movie

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Give it to Uwe Boll. The movie at this rate looks like it's going to be either mediocre or worse. Uwe will make it soo bad it's quotable.