Keanu Reeves is Now a Playable Payday 2 Character

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
Wow, this seems like a fun deal for consumers as well. Free game with movie tickets, free DLC for the fans... :D

I am a little confused though; isn't Payday about robbing banks? I'm sure a hitman would stay cool and collected, but... he also makes a living killing people. Which is bad for all involved when cops got shot and they got caught.
well i would say pay day is a horde mode shooter that is set around criminal activities not just robbing banks, you rob meth labs, extort people , assasinate bus loads of drug lords etc and rob banks. but in 2 they added a lot of stealth options which turned into an afk simulator for pussies that dont like shooting people.

and unfortunately this Wick character makes such terrible noises people actually kick you from lobbies if you are him, and as your character selection is usually random....

though you have to love the irony of it, i mean Point break was one of the main sources of inspiration for the game.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Bindal said:
LGC Pominator said:
I'd love this dlc... shame that OVK is not updating the console versions... like at all

In over a YEAR

I really don't think I am going to buy their games anymore, The 360 version of the game is more like a paid beta for payday 2

Also, no actual Keanu? thats a shame
Blame Microsoft, not Overkill. Microsoft is putting so many stones in their way that it's nearly impossible to update for them.
Similar issue with Sony, but there they could release two updates now, adding everything up to Infamy.
If it matters, I think they're re-doing Payday 2 for PS4.

Movie seems fun, may give it a watch.

Apr 5, 2008
The other day I was doing a Transport (Armored Car) heist with a friend and suddenly Chains became "John Wick". My friend and I puzzled for ages WTF was going on, whether or not it was a player or an AI (players have their levels displayed, John Wick did not). He had sunglasses, which are an Infamous item (for level 100+ players) instead of a mask. Then a couple of days later I found out there was a movie with that name starring Keanu Reeves, and on closer inspection John Wick in-game does look like him.

Yesterday I did the (Old) Hoxton Rescue heist. It was a quite fun...a short-ish prison breakout (very strange breakout TBH) followed by a raid on FBI HQ to retrieve any data on Hoxton. Afterwards, he became a playable character again. Funny thing, I didn't realise there was even a story about that. I was always Hoxton in the first game (since he was British) and in terms of story, he was "arrested" at some point and this latest (sixth) DLC heist to break him out was story related and brought him back to the Payday crew.

I didn't realise there was even a thing since there was still a Hoxton in the base PD2 game, with the same mask. I did wonder why he spoke with an American accent, but didn't think too hard on it. Now "Old Hoxton" is back, complete with ponytail and a burn mark on his face and "New Hoxton" has been renamed to "Houston", which is suitable since he's Dallas's younger brother anyway.

As a final point, why am I typing this when I could be playing as British Hoxton on a heist? :)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
LGC Pominator said:
I'd love this dlc... shame that OVK is not updating the console versions... like at all

In over a YEAR

I really don't think I am going to buy their games anymore, The 360 version of the game is more like a paid beta for payday 2

Also, no actual Keanu? thats a shame
The PS3 version apparently has seen updates. This is likely, as another player said, Microsoft being dicks than the company being at fault.

The PS3 saw an update four months ago. I don't know if this is the current version or not, but that's significantly less than over a year.