Ken Levine Wants You To Stop Staring At His Big Sisters

Lejsen

Mar 2, 2011
If he doesn't want people to look at those two beauties then why are they on display like that?

We men can't help how the characters are designed.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
He claims to have barely thought about the girl's bust size? Does anyone really believe him? I think the only thing that surprised him was the sudden bit of extra free publicity this has gotten him. He or whoever drew and rendered her (whom he approved) had to knowingly make those things, with the intent of making her beautiful. I don't see this as a problem, idealization of the human form has always been a part of art, in fact absolutely anyone who seriously has a problem with this is, quite frankly, a joyless prude.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
Her breast look pretty average to me. I've seen plenty of women with that size and bigger, my girlfriend included.

It's just the corset and the resulting cleavage that make things so noticeable. That and this article.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
IGNORE ME!
Holds out 8 fingered hand*

Anyone else watch the venture brothers?

How could anyone ignore them, if he really wants less attention then he should have had them covered up.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I do like her eyes

but since he brought it up, may as well leave it and hope the attention garners extra sales lol

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! thats a good one. developers put a lot of thought into every detail of a character. Mr Levine knew exactly what he was doing when he gave her a bust like that. To prove it I'll ask this. "If he didn't want to draw attention to her boobs then why is she wearing a corset and why are the tops of her boobs bare?"

No he gave her those to give her sex appeal so he could pull in a larger audiance. and by claiming he doesn't like that her chest is getting so much attention he gets points with the feminist crowd.

I don't mind that he's pulling this but don't expect me to buy into it.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Shotgun Guy said:
I don't see what the problem is, who cares if people think she is sexy? Isn't that a good thing? If it is so bothersome, shrink them or release a sweater DLC for her, not that big of a deal if you ask me. Now that you mention it she does have pretty eyes.
The problem is when this happens:

or when this happens (could only find images of their dolls in one image, but the games reflect this):

No idea if I have the HTML right, we'll see...Edit: Yay it worked.

Realistic-but-pretty characters are fine. It's when it goes overboard that it can become a problem, and it HAS become a problem in recent years, or at least went from joking to cheeky fan service. The entire existence of the Gears of War series and its success is testament to this.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
As far as breasts go, this really isn't all that bad compared to most women in games these days. They aren't HUGE, and she's not exactly dressed up like any number of other characters I could name. Hell, Tripitaka showed off more boob than this and she was supposed to be based on a Buddhist monk.

If anything, I get a Jade from Beyond Good and Evil vibe from this character. Yeah, she's sexy, but it doesn't really feel like titillation (teehee...tit) I actually think this is one of the better heroine designs I've seen in a game in a while, and I think she's certainly got a lot more going on for her than just her breasts.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Laughable. If you make her breasts so prominent and squeeze them into a tight corset, what did you expect people to focus on? And don't act all innocent, I don't believe for a second that this wasn't a conscious design choice.
Also: Boobies. :-O