Kids these days have it too easy!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
With their Googles and their mobile phones. In my day, if we wanted to look something up we had to walk 20 miles uphill to the public library, spend 3 hours searching for the book we needed, and if we even coughed the librarian would drag us out by our ears and throw us to the curb!

Kids today don't know anything about discipline either. You see them out there cussing and cursing. Ha, if my dad heard me using such language he'd beat me with his belt, buckle end first mind, until his arm got too tired and then I'd have take over and whoop myself!

And kids have to be constantly entertained now days. When I was young, if we wanted entertainment we had to go watch paint dry, and that was if we were lucky! Most days there wasn't any wet paint, so we had to make due with watching dust settle on the window sill.

And did we complain? Not a chance!

Now the rest of you, share stories about how much harder you had it than the pampered youth of today.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
...you're 22 (according to your profile). I just want to throw that out there because you had access to most of that stuff too. I got 56K at the age of 14 and I didn't have a cell phone until I got into college.

I'm 29. Now we wait for the 40 year old to come say I had it easy and then we need to wait for the 50 year old to come say that the 40 year old had it easy and so on until the oldest person in the forum is left standing (and then they die cause old people, am I right!??! :D).

That's progress for you.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Bah! Kids today listen to crap music! In my day, it was different! We listened to completely different crap music!

Aug 31, 2012
Paint? Paint?!? In my day we didn't 'ave paint, we 'ad to 'it each other wi' rocks fer fun, an all we 'ad to eat were roots an' t'corpses of our weaker siblings. Except most o' 'em died o' t' bloody flux, so you couldn't eat 'em 'less y' wanted to go t' same way. Aye, they were 'arsh times, but we were 'appy.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I feel this image from Dorkly is relevant:

[/spoiler]

Incidentally, my favourite [i]Zelda[/i] game came out when I was nine.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Zykon TheLich said:
Paint? Paint?!? In my day we didn't 'ave paint, we 'ad to 'it each other wi' rocks fer fun, an all we 'ad to eat were roots an' t'corpses of our weaker siblings. Except most o' 'em died o' t' bloody flux, so you couldn't eat 'em 'less y' wanted to go t' same way. Aye, they were 'arsh times, but we were 'appy.
Luxury! What we would have given to have roots! All we had to go with the flesh of our dead siblings, served raw mind you, was scraps of rubber that we smuggled home from the tire factory, where we worked 15 hours on a school day cleaning the gears and presses while they were running, just to pay the rent!

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
Kids these days have it so easy. Back in my day, we didn't have electricity, language, agriculture, decent clothing, shelter or any sort of cohesive social structure. We had to hunt for our own food! We threw poop at each other for entertainment and had to skin wolves to clothe ourselves. It was shit and I wish kids these days had lives as shitty as mine was because I am bitter about the ever-advancing standards of human society, technology and culture.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Kids these days are shit! Glad I got here by walking out of a portal, so I never had to be one.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
In my day, we didn't have any fancy-schmazy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for the whole platoon--and we had to share the rock!

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Bah, these youngins are still kids judging from what they're pissin and moanin about. Back in my day we didn't have fun. You know what we did for fun? We did work. We poped out our mamas with tools in our hands, we lived with tools in our hands, we died with tools in our hands, and we were buried with tools in our hands. We ate, slept, worked, played, shat, and procreated with tools in our hands. We didn't shower with tools in our hands though, I'm not THAT old.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Damn kids these days with their PDF files of TTRPG books back in my day I had two bookshelves I had to empty everytime I walked to my game groups location. My backpack weighed more than me.

Kids these days with thier ebooks and erollers and their video chat game sessions

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Back in my day four plus four was six and we had to work hard for the extra two! Uphill! Both ways! In the snow!

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
In my day, we didn't have this "LOL" and "ROTFLMAO"! We actually had to laugh out loud and we LIKED it!

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
I was talking with my grandfather one time while we were driving and he was telling me about driving on the roads back before they were paved like they are today. about the lose stone they used and how it always got slick when it was wet on the roads because it was called 'Soap-stone'. After he told me the story, I looked at him and said, without a hint of sarcasm, "Wow, I wonder when everyday stories from my childhood are going to turn into wistful tales."

Without missing a beat he looked at me and just said, also without a hint of sarcasm, "It's gonna scare the hell out of you the first time it happens."

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I remember having to change typewriter ribbons to finish one of my assignments. Also only having 5 or 6 different patterns of stitches capable with my sewing machine. Bloody kids and their modern sewing machines! How dare they make better, cheaper machines that allow greater access and speed to creative expression!?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Lets see-

Game these days are way too easy thank to the saved system. I remember it take me and my brother hours to start to the beginning and get near the end on a single day!

Speaking of games, there was no Gamefaq or video guides! We had to used cheat books or a game magazine guides for guidence.

I remember it used to take me 2-6 hours to download a single Red Vs Blue episodes on 56k which back then were only less than 5 minutes while today it only take mere seconds for a 10 minutes long RvB episodes!

Likewise kids got the internet for information when it come to homework when we used to either had encyclopedias or the local library for getting the info!

We used to have 3D players or custome track CD than MP3/ Ipod!

I never had a mobile phone until I was in my teen and even then it was those monotone and bulky phones!

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Damn kids and being so stupid in contrast to the knowledge available literally at their fingertips. Oh you struggle at 4 Mb/s on ur pirated torrent of that expensive triple A game? You poor sod.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
You guys have it so easy! Back in my day, we were all single cellular organisms!

Now look at how many you have, you're wasting them because you don't know what it means to use what you have to its absolute max!

I bet you don't even know how it feels to reproduce asexually. Something that's been lost on this generation

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
DizzyChuggernaut said:
Kids these days have it so easy. Back in my day, we didn't have electricity, language, agriculture, decent clothing, shelter or any sort of cohesive social structure. We had to hunt for our own food! We threw poop at each other for entertainment and had to skin wolves to clothe ourselves. It was shit and I wish kids these days had lives as shitty as mine was because I am bitter about the ever-advancing standards of human society, technology and culture.
Bah, back in my day we hadn't even come down from the trees yet! That was a mistake I tell you, kids don't know how easy they have it not having to build a nest and keep an eye out for leopards each night.