Kiefer Sutherland Makes Dynamite Cupcakes

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Kiefer Sutherland Makes Dynamite Cupcakes

The former 24 star provides car chases, explosions, and cupcakes for his Acer Ultrabook commercial.

Advertising is a very strange medium to work in. The field exists to promote and market particular brands and products, yet occasionally it produces commercials popular enough to rival the advertised products themselves. It is for this reason that gamers <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118086-Valve-Readies-Team-Fortress-2-Pyromania-Update>would get so excited for Team Fortress 2 videos or why <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE>Old Spice commcercials were so popular in movie theaters for a while. Now we have another example to add to the art of advertising in the form of an Acer Ultrabook commercial starring Kiefer Sutherland as he harshly interrogates pedestrians to obtain the ingredients for making his brand name Dynamite Cupcakes. And if you're not sure how those things go together, please allow me to welcome you to the internet for the first time.

The entire commercial borrows heavily from the tone of Sutherland's popular television series 24, in which every episode required fast-paced action to prevent terrorists from carrying out their agenda. In this commercial however, fast-paced action is required so that Sutherland can construct his delicious Dynamite Cupcakes. After an opening car chase with a cupcake delivery truck, Sutherland proceeds to the local grocery store to hurriedly buy icing before blowing up his own car for inspiration on a design that will match his hard-boiled personality.

While it may be a little early to imply that this ad will become a full-blown viral hit, it certainly has all the ingredients for it. A recognizable actor who parodies his own hit show in a way that merges electronics, cupcakes, and explosions is a perfect fit for the internet, and the number of quotable, meme-worthy lines in the commercial is truly impressive.

Source: <a href=http://tamera.visibli.com/share/v03NPy>Randymatheson.com

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
OH MY GOD as much as I hate it when movie start cash in on their persona (the day Daniel Day-Lewis cashes in on Daniel Plainview from There Will be Blood will be a sad day for me) this however was hilarious. And god he's still got that intimidation factor even when you know this is a big farce. "Where's the icing?" "Icing?" "Icing for cupcakes..." was gold and proof positive of this. This actually makes me want to go back and watch 24 again honestly I forgot how much Keifer Sutherland can make corny premise into complete awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Kind of remind me of Epic Meal Time.

It look like Sugarcube Corners got some competition, tough competition (sorry, couldn't help myself)!

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
not gonna lie I was thinking that the cupcakes would explode
and keifer sutherland just cranked baking up to 11 and injected it with 50cc of testosterone

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I don't get it, was that a commercial for Acer, new Dynamite Cupcakes or 24: Season 9?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Keep this video THE FUCK AWAY from Pinkie Pie!
PINKIE PIE X-PLOSION!

... not sure where that came from, but I believe it was your fault...

Anyways, I think Michael Bay could make better Dynamite Cupcakes. Hell, his whole schtick is explosions...

That guy needs to make cupcakes...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I just about lost it at the grocery store part, and the baking scene never looked so badass and epic.

I wish Dynamite Cupcakes were a thing, and I really want a cupcake now....

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if they realize they could make those cupcakes and make a killing off them (so long as they tasted decent)

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Goofguy said:
I don't get it, was that a commercial for Acer, new Dynamite Cupcakes or 24: Season 9?
Yes.

OT: I don't know why, but every ad Keifer Sutherland is in is suddenly made awesome by his voice. Take that new Old Spice ad that came out a few weeks ago, for example. I love that ad.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
WanderingFool said:
OT: I don't know why, but every ad Keifer Sutherland is in is suddenly made awesome by his voice. Take that new Old Spice ad that came out a few weeks ago, for example. I love that ad.
Wasn't that an Axe commercial? Don't know of any Kiefer in Old Spice, and neither does Mr. Google.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
CCountZero said:
WanderingFool said:
Wasn't that an Axe commercial? Don't know of any Kiefer in Old Spice, and neither does Mr. Google.
I hadn't heard of it before myself, just found it today.

dead_but_smiling

Apr 14, 2009
Let me be the first (and hopefully last) pedant in this thread:

KIEFER, ffs, it's even written in the title of the video!

There. You may proceed.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Somehow whenever I watch this guy I start thinking about how he acts like Clint Eastwood.

...This isn't a bad thing.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
dead_but_smiling said:
Let me be the first (and hopefully last) pedant in this thread:

KIEFER, ffs, it's even written in the title of the video!

There. You may proceed.
My mistake. It's been fixed.