Killer is Dead Trailer, Now in English

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Killer is Dead Trailer, Now in English

It's essentially Megaman crossed with Killer 7 and enough bloom to blind a man.

As with most of Suda 51's games, I expect I won't understand what Killer is Dead is about until I've seen the credits roll. Trying to glean any information from the Grasshopper Manufacture trailers is like trying to learn physics by covering yourself in honey and rolling around on a collection of textbooks. It's not an unpleasant experience, but it's not a particularly informative one either.

So, here's what I learned from the two minute trailer to the above right: 1: There will be dialogue. 2: The dialogue will be in English. 3: It still won't make any sense. 4: People will get chopped up in spectacular fashion. 5: The brightness on my monitor is too high.

Visually, the game seems to be pitching itself somewhere between Killer 7 and No More Heroes, with gorgeous solid shading broken up by the occasional bit of texture work. Oh, and there's bloom. A ton of bloom. In fact, one of the enemies appears to be a skeleton made out of bloom.

So what exactly is going on? Well as publisher, XSeed explains, Killer is Dead is a successor of sorts to Killer 7 and No More Heroes. It follows the adventures of an "executioner" going by the entirely sensible name of Mondo Zappa.

"Working for an agency called the 'Bryan Execution Firm,' headed by a mysterious information trafficker known as Bryan, Zappa relies on dishing out his own brand of justice with the aid a traditional Japanese sword and a left artificial arm which houses interchangeable weapons."

Killer is Dead is scheduled for release this summer in Japan.

Source: YouTube [http://youtu.be/ct4nCIH-dVs]

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
This is my third time watching that trailer, first time in English and the only thing that's been on my mind since first watching it is "Why would someone ruin New World Symphony like that?".

Still, game looks alright.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
And I still have no idea what is going on. So classic Suda then.

Will definitely be looking out for this when it comes out. Which is apparently this summer as well, along with Japan.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Hmm, I think I preferred the Japanese voices. I hope they keep them in the Western release.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
This game can't come out fast enough. If it's only coming out in Japan this summer, then I guess I'm importing the hell out of it. Suda has kind of seemed lost since No More Heroes 2 (though I remain a huge apologist) and this looks like a return to what made some of us fall in love. Not to mention I'll take anything connected to Killer 7, no matter how loosely.

Doesn't it seem like he's pumping games out too quickly? Killer 7, NMH 1/2, Sine Mora, Diabolical Pitch, Contact, Fatal Frame IV, Shadows of the Damned, Black Knight Sword, Lollipop Chainsaw, and now this have released in rapid-fire, damned close succession. I've got some self reflecting to do, talking shit about annual COD sequels when I'll gladly take a Suda game once or twice a year : )

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Here's hoping that it has a dual language track.
DrunkOnEstus said:
Doesn't it seem like he's pumping games out too quickly? Killer 7, NMH 1/2, Sine Mora, Diabolical Pitch, Contact, Fatal Frame IV, Shadows of the Damned, Black Knight Sword, Lollipop Chainsaw, and now this have released in rapid-fire, damned close succession. I've got some self reflecting to do, talking shit about annual COD sequels when I'll gladly take a Suda game once or twice a year : )
Those games are so different from each other that you can't really compare any of them though.

Detroit

Dec 22, 2012
I can't recall the original voices at the moment, but I quite like these ones too.