Killzone 3 Coming In 3D

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
I own a 3D tv and while I'm intrigued by this, I'm wondering how long you will actually be able to play. The glasses already give me a headache after 30 minutes and with all the quick moving, I would think that would turn into motion sickness.

Then again, why the hell not! There is only one 3D movie out at the moment, so I need some extra content.

Side Note: The TV can turn any signal "into 3D", so I watched Star Wars this weekend. While most was "eh", the lightsaber battle in Return of the Jedi was BADASS!
Did you see avatar at the movies? did that give you a headache?

General consensus on the internet with regards to people claiming to have played KillZone 2 in 3D is that its lush, delicious and moist, but mostly moist. No noticable headache on trying to focus on things, I can't vouch because I've not tried it.

I get a lazy eye if I drink, so I'm looking forward to sampling a 3DTV while drunk, I went to see Avatar drunk and couldn't understand a thing due to focusing issues.

My neighbour says the depth of field was superb and brilliant, but all I remember is ice cold Stella Artois tastes really nice.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Marik2 said:
Why is everyone jumping on the jetpack bandwagon? Hopefully the controls won't suck like Killzone 2.
they didnt, infact Killzone liberation for the psp which came out a couple years ago had jetpacks.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
i will only get it if they remove that bloody aim delay.
otherwise high hopes.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Korten12 said:
Marik2 said:
Why is everyone jumping on the jetpack bandwagon? Hopefully the controls won't suck like Killzone 2.
they didnt, infact Killzone liberation for the psp which came out a couple years ago had jetpacks.
Oh thanks for clearing that up.

ColdStorage said:
Marik2 said:
Yeah I was able to understand that from playing Kilzzone 2 about the Helghast not being as bad as people thought they were. Oh and I realised why I didn't like the campaign, because to me it felt like...
[HEADING=1] YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STOP THEM [/HEADING]
Yes most shooters are like that, but in Killzone your not a super soldier your just like everyone else.
Oh god yeah, you got to the bridge, I forgot, unfortunatly its one of the better firefights (on the bridge), but the whole thing were Sev jumps from cover to cover while everyone else gets ripped to shreds and then "slow motion jump to safety" when tank blows up is fucking juvenile.

It gets better children, after the helghast have laid waste to your entire platoon, its OK children!, Rico wants Sev to put the bridge up all on his own.... the fact that almost everyone died doesn't matter, Sev's ok and he's going to press a button.

He's going to press it hard bitches!.
[HEADING=1] YES AND THATS WHY I DIDNT LIKE KILLZONE [/HEADING]
Now unless they change a lot of things in Killzone 3 besides the gameplay then I will consider playing it.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
ColdStorage said:
Spinwhiz said:
I own a 3D tv and while I'm intrigued by this, I'm wondering how long you will actually be able to play. The glasses already give me a headache after 30 minutes and with all the quick moving, I would think that would turn into motion sickness.

Then again, why the hell not! There is only one 3D movie out at the moment, so I need some extra content.

Side Note: The TV can turn any signal "into 3D", so I watched Star Wars this weekend. While most was "eh", the lightsaber battle in Return of the Jedi was BADASS!
Did you see avatar at the movies? did that give you a headache?

General consensus on the internet with regards to people claiming to have played KillZone 2 in 3D is that its lush, delicious and moist, but mostly moist. No noticable headache on trying to focus on things, I can't vouch because I've not tried it.

I get a lazy eye if I drink, so I'm looking forward to sampling a 3DTV while drunk, I went to see Avatar drunk and couldn't understand a thing due to focusing issues.

My neighbour says the depth of field was superb and brilliant, but all I remember is ice cold Stella Artois tastes really nice.
Yeah, the Avatar movie did give me a headache unfortunately and made me feel queasy at times. Granted, I have some pretty bad motion sickness anyways.

Regardless, I would love to try the 3D version of any game.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Good thing I see about an Optional 3D mode is if the code is made robust enough to handle 3D, then maybe turning it off the game will then far more likely have a stable frame-rate. Killzone 2 hardly had the best frame consistency, and barely acceptable input lag, it is the one thing I'd expect fixed in any sequel.

JoshGod said:
i will only get it if they remove that bloody aim delay.
otherwise high hopes.
It's not "aim delay", they they may act it is intended (some bullshit about the weapons "heft") but almost every console game has significant input-lag. Halo 3 had it quite high, though COD4 is renowned for low input-lag, and on PC it is usually non-existent or completely insignificant.

Input lag is how it takes a certain amount of time for the game to process your inputs, Killzone 2 just had it worst because of how many parallel processes are used for the rendering, not insurmountable but they had a release date. Uncharted 2 seems to show how to use multiple parallel processes with tolerable input lag.

A somewhat adequate solution is to play high-lag game like Killzone 2 on a computer monitor, and HDTVs THEMSELVES have an input lag that ads to the OVERALL input lag. Computer monitors usually have extremely low if not completely non-existent input lag.

I played Killzone 2 on HDTV and then a Computer monitor, if felt more responsive on the monitor, on par with halo 3, but no where near as responsive as PC gaming.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I'm fairly sure the player charachter in the killzone series is a gelatinous cube-- not much else can explain the sluggish, unresponsive controls and blocky, erratic motions.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Glad to see that they are getting #3 out in a timely fashion to have a showdown with the best franchise on the 360 (Gears beats Halo in my opinion). I could care less about the 3D, but what really excites me are the jetpacks, the deeper look at Helghast culture, the inclusion of more melee, snowy environments, revealing "the madness" that Visari spoke of in his last breath, and the graphics engine which was apparently deveolped in a cooperation between Guerrilla and Naughty Dog (doesn't it seem like that screen shot came off of the Uncharted 2 engine?).

Anyway, Gears of War 3 vs. Killzone 3. Should be an epic clash. Both games should receieve critical acclaim and should sell very well. Can't wait to get Killzone 3 and I can't wait to play Gears 3 a few months later on someone else's Xbox.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I couldn't play 1 in SD, I couldn't play 2 in HD, I'm not going to bother playing it in 3D.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Yeah, the Avatar movie did give me a headache unfortunately and made me feel queasy at times. Granted, I have some pretty bad motion sickness anyways.

Regardless, I would love to try the 3D version of any game.
Hopefully KillZone (hehe, I'm 29 and still cant get over how childish that name is) and Sony's shutter system glasses don't give you a headache like Avatar's passive style glasses did.

Is Sony's style shutter system compatible with a Samsung 3DTV?, I don't see anyone talking about it being perfect from system to system, thats the big stumbling block I see. I'll be buying Sony or LG for that reason, are Sony relying on consumerist whores like me to bolster there sales?.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Once again I must point out.

If you don not like the controls in Killzone 2
THERE IS A CONFIGURATION MENU FOR SENSITIVITY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEIGHTY FEEL

That said, I'm excited for this. I hope they get some better voice actors this time though, and kill off Rico in the opening counterattack.

AS for full scale battles, please give your AI team some better AI. And make it so you fight in large battalions, instead of just a four man group.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Like Inglorious Basterds hey?

So we will spend half the game in conversation with uninteresting side characters.

In all seriousness. This makes me sad that i don't have a ps3.