Killzone: Mercenary Players Have Killed 47 Million Targets

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Killzone: Mercenary Players Have Killed 47 Million Targets

Sony has released a stats page to highlight player actions in Killzone: Mercenary.

It's only been a week since Killzone: Mercenary landed in Europe and a few days since it hit North America, but its players have still managed to wrack up quite the kill count. According to a new stats page released by Sony, players have "terminated" more 47 million lives in the time since the game was released. These kills included nearly 11.5 million headshots and more than 6 million kills score through melee strikes.

The stats page also includes a wealth of other information. For instance, while Mercenary has been available for less than a week in some territories, players have already put more than 14,000 days into the game and have earned more than 7 million in-game credits. The players earning this money aren't the best shots (only 31 percent accuracy), but that's beside the point. Gamers are clearly playing Killzone: Mercenary, and playing it a lot.

Honestly, we're not surprised. Mercenary has arguably been one of the Vita's most anticipated titles and with reviews pegging it as being a <a href=http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/killzone-mercenary>quite a decent game, it makes sense that Vita owners might flock to the title. Not to mention that the Vita's portability might make it easier for players to sneak in headshots in places that might have been game stoppers in the past. The bathroom, the bedroom, the tranquil beauty of nature, as long as you have wi-fi, it's now a venue for mercenary slaughter.

Source: <a href=https://mercenary.killzone.com/#main=stats>Killzone Mercenary

King Kazma

Apr 25, 2013
These guys need more Dakka. To bad I'll never be able to play this game, I loved the first two of the series. But I'm not just gona drop money on a new system until the PS4.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Good to hear people are enjoying this. The Vita is a hugely underrated system.

I played the demo and, honestly, modern FPS games aren't my cup of tea, but I'm glad this game exists to make the large majority of Vita owners very happy.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Heh, neat.

Game is a blast and deserves all the praise it gets. An overall solid game that shows how well FPSs can work on portables. Shame most reviews still do the stupid thing in holding the game against console shooters instead of on its own merits as a portable shooter -_-

Played the MP since beta, it's super fun and all the maps are pretty well designed overall (well skyline is too much of a clusterfuck for me). Other thank the dick bags that abuse the shit out of sticky mines and mantis engine, the mp feels pretty balanced overall. Nothing terribly OP, just annoying stuff that players will abuse to hell and back for easy kills.

Contracts really do a good job at giving the single player (which is short, but doesn't overstay itself) good re playability. Covert contracts really make you appreciate the level design and have you noticing shit that you missed the first go :)

KDR_11k said:
MP is not too useful since you don't have it on the go...
By that logic, every portable game with MP "is not useful". A lot of people play their handhelds at home, and you can sometimes find wi-fi spots relatively easy in a lot of public areas.