Kinect Outsells Gamecube

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
...wh...what? Seriously?!

AzrealMaximillion said:
Kinect bundles explain these sales. It'd be interesting to see info on how many people actually use their Kinects.
This and I'd also like to know how many people sold theirs off to a gamestop or amazon or eBay or where ever else. I don't see nearly as many people busting this out for a game night than I see people busting out Mario Party 4 or, Smash Bros Melee but then, that doesn't exactly help Gamecube sales especially since people stopped counting that years upon years ago.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
All this really does for me is give a nice bit of comparison to how little the Gamecube sold...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Falterfire said:
Daystar Clarion said:
That the Kinect is a quality periphial with a large library of great games?

Or that quite a few people are willing to drop cash on plastic gimmicky crap?

You be the judge!
This doesn't prove either of those things.

The Wii already proved them years ago.
repeated tests are a way to find proof.

i think people buy kinect for the disco alone. turn off all the lights, turn on night-vision - instant disco.
Oh wait, what was that, you dont have night vision? become a robot.

Wii has Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Zack & Wiki, Monster Hunter Tri, The Last Story, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Madworld, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Dead Space: Extraction, Muramasa: The Demon's Blade, Okami, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Red Steel 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Xenoblade Chronicles, and so much more.
Madworld and Xenoblade were the only decent games in this list.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
BrotherRool said:
And maybe one day they'll make a game for it
I don't want any games for kinect but I would TOTALLY buy one if they gave it the capability of making a giant hologram of myself rampage through the city. Or I could use my cat. Or just take a dump. Just drop a giant holographic turd on the city.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
That number is pretty meaningless as the kinect is bundled with the xbox I bet a large number of those buyers are just like me, I left the daft thing in the box and ignored it.