Kinect Star Wars Is Number One With a Bullet

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Kinect Star Wars Is Number One With a Bullet

The much-derided Kinect Star Wars has become the first Kinect-exclusive game to hit number one on the U.K. sales charts.

You might think, if you're fortunate enough to still be ignorant of such things, that Kinect Star Wars [http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Star-Wars-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0HCNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334072497&sr=8-1] would let you pick up a rebel trooper by the throat and slowly throttle him, or swing your arms to chop off some dude's arm in a bar fight, or maybe do a kind of claw-like jazz-hands things to zap the pants off people with the Evil Electricity of the Dark Side. But no. What it's really about is going to Cloud City and shakin' it for Lando Calrissian, who's always looking for new talent.

The "I'm Han Solo" dancing video has been the target of much pointing-and-laughing on the internet but for all those people asking how LucasArts could do this to their beloved Star Wars, the answer is now at hand: despite all the outrage [and a FIFA Street [http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/kinect-star-wars] off the throne.

This week's list in full:

Kinect Star Wars
FIFA Street
Mass Effect 3
FIFA 12
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
SSX
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Battlefield 3
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

It's admittedly not the strongest top ten ever and being bundled with an R2D2-themed special edition 360 presumably helped, but number one is number one no matter how you look at it and that has to be good for sales. Which is really what it all comes down to; "fans" may howl, but somebody's buying this stuff.

Source: GamesIndustry [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-10-star-wars-becomes-uks-first-1-kinect-title]

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
This is why we can't have nice things.

Hope they're enjoying it at least.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Considering the demographic that the game was obviously targeted at, I'd be hard-pressed to say that the game doesn't deserve it.

Doesn't stop it from being a mar on the face of the franchise, but the younglings wouldn't know anything about that.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Sigh...to be fair it's not like it had much competition almost nothing new has came out for a few weeks.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Just goes to show, star wars sells, no matter how bad I think it's getting. To be fair, it would be fun for kids who don't know what's going on lol

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I've to say, the majority of the Star Wars fans are the worst. They buy any shit with 'Star Wars' slapped on it.

Edit: After seeing the Vader dance-off... I think I'll cut this some slack.

:)

I'm amazed that this thing even exists.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
I can't help but to get the impression that Lucas has slipped into vengeful trolling mode...

...and still turns a profit... *sigh*

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Lucas bet the devil that he could make a Star Wars product so bad it'd flop. He's losing. So far. ;)

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
It looks like the type of game I'd buy a kinect for.

Star Wars is a Joke. This game merely takes that and runs with it. Pull the sticks out of your asses, people. It's a silly game for a silly franchise.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
It's a game wit hDancing Boba Fett, If I had kinect I would sure as hell buy it.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
I had not seen that video yet. I now am crying with laughter.
Thank you. This has made my day so much better!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
This whole thing is an abortion I tell you.

TheKasp said:
Yahtzee saw this coming! Darth Vader winning dance off with the force!

But now serious: It looks like the best thing EVER.
GOD DAMN IT! I LIKE DEADMAU5! Why did you have to ruin it for me by linking that >.>