King Arthur II Review

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Looks like the developers of King Arthur 1 didn't do much to change their formula...

Anyone actually play king arthur 1? Biggest waste of $10 ever (got the collection over steam black friday sale last year) I thought it would be an RPG with some total war elements. What I got was civilization without the armies... Don't get me started on the morale system...

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
I guess I'll stick to a more refined RTS experience like Shogun 2 instead then.
My thoughts exactly. There's also Might & Magic: Heroes VI [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVFTUoZPFfo], which isn't a bad game at all.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Vamast said:
if this is english christianiy, why do they pray to bethlahem and jerewlasem in church?
Srsly? You need an answer to that? Er - because they're Christians and so they believe Jesus was born in Bethlehem and died in Jerusalem (sp). You know - like people do today. Like that bloke in the big dress in Italy.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Vamast said:
if this is english christianiy, why do they pray to bethlahem and jerewlasem in church?
I'm trying to figure out what on Earth you mean by this. Bethlehem and Jerusalem are places and nobody prays "to" them. Some may go on pilgramage to pray "at" them but this is far from being a requirement of the faith. It's not like Christianity has it's own version of the Hajj.

The myth of King Arthur (yes folks, it's not real) is about warring kingdoms during the Anglo-Saxon era of Great Britain. During this period there was a large divide religiously throughout Britain. The Romans had brought over Christianity previously but there were still a lot of Pagan practitioners. It was only until Æthelberht of Kent converted to Christianity that it really started to become popular. So throughout the game you'll be torn between choosing one or the other as it was a major political issue at the time.

The game isn't about Christianity nor Paganism, it just happens to be set within a tumultuous period of Britian in terms of religion, and practically everything else.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
nikki191 said:
ive always found it interesting that despite being an english myth there are a lot of french names, etc in the legend. i do wonder if its a mixture of english and french legends
The names could have been added or localised during Norman rule.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Vamast said:
so king kent believes on old fairy tales of the desert and guides people/his kingdom in the magical powers on jesus and belief of a higher power and salvation?
Right then, time to just hang up the hat and go home. You either don't understand the basics of the history of that period and Christianity and need to read up on them, or you're trolling.

If A: Just ask, and kind forum-goers and I can try and break it down for you to try and erase any misunderstandings. It's always good to teach others about history.

If B: You should probably stop that.

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Why is there a religious history debate here.
WHY.

Anyways, I loved the first game, and I would love this one too, if only my computer would let me. Silly broken graphics card.