King of fighters series vs capcom vs. series

tonyh900

May 16, 2010
Hello everyone this was a question I've had on my mind for a while what team fighting game series do you prefer: the king of fighters series from snk or the "vs" series of games from capcom. Now each of these has their strengths and weaknesses the kof games don't really use a tag team system except for snk battle colosseum and king of fighters 2003. They use a sort of one on one type of system but when you get knocked out you're switched to the next character in your team. While the "vs" series kinda did that with the capcom vs snk games the "vs" series tends to use a tag team system where you may tag in and out with up to two partners so your characters have less of a chance of getting knocked out that easily and lets them recover some health. I've played both series' games and I know the systems for specials and things fairly well with snk sticking with a charge system( when you build meter you store one charge when it's full and you use the charges for supers except for kof 94 and 95 which used a thing called the extra system where you charged your meter mostly manually but it would go up when you took damage and when it was full you could use one super then you would have to build up again. God damn that was long) and the "vs" series did a charge system but sometimes they would use a system from their one of the recent games(you could use the a-ism from sf alpha 3 in cvs 2). So long story short which team game did you like better and why.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
While I find the absolute requirement for team chemistry in the VS games to be very intriguing, I've never felt at home in the absolute chaos of their gameplay. Given that, I definitely enjoy actually playing KoF and CvS style team games more. I do, however, wish they had more of that chemistry element present. Sure you need to have some sense of team construction going in such that you don't build a one note team or a team that gets totally outmatched by your opponents, but there just isn't the same feeling of you actually playing as a real team of characters when they only sit on the sidelines and watch.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
I prefer the KOF and CvS just like Strider thats mainly down to my personal preference of liking one on one games but also liking the affinity of having a team which is what this provides.

I dont hate the Capcom Vs method or even the tag battles that games like Tekken and DOA do for instance and Origins I suppose but a fixed fighter in a team is my preference.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
this might be a loaded question
regardless my all time favorite fighting game is Capcom vs SNK 2 for the PS2 so... yeah that's my favorite fighting system, a combination of both Street Fighter and King of Fighters

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
I prefer KoF myself as well.
But CvSNK was some of the funniest times i've spent with fighting games.
KoF 13 felt more fun than SF4 (except the boss)