Kingdom Come: Deliverance releases this month!!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Let me tell you fellow gamers, I hope this is half as good as it looks and sounds. It's been so long I don't even remember what I pledged back during the beta, but am pleasantly surprised to see a release date, and really looking forward to the full game. It will be a great chance to break in my new rig too, since I may very well end up playing this before The Witcher 3 as I already paid for it.

*edit* Well, after looking for it on Steam I also saw that The Witcher 3 GOTY edition is only $20, so I got that too. Actually the whole Witcher franchise is 85% off right now if anyone still hasn't played them all.

I was going to wait for another GOG sale, but figured I got the original on disc, TW2 on GOG, so might as well try Steam to round things out.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
This game looks too good to be true.

I'll believe it when I see its not a buggy/glitchy mess ala Mass Effect: Andromeda, No Man's Sky, Mafia 3, AC Unity, and Rome 2 at launch.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I hope not. I played the alpha build years ago on a PC below min spec without issue, but adding in all the quest stuff may be a different story.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
hanselthecaretaker said:
I hope not. I played the alpha build years ago on a PC below min spec without issue, but adding in all the quest stuff may be a different story.
If it ends up with the best possible outcome of being the perfect game ever....

Please give us an expansion in England set during the War of the Roses or the Hundred Years War!!!

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Is this another one of those really frustrating pvp Chivalry games that are about as easy to get into as Fort Knox with a chastity ring?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Silentpony said:
Is this another one of those really frustrating pvp Chivalry games that are about as easy to get into as Fort Knox with a chastity ring?
It's skyrim without fantasy.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
I plan on stealing everything that is not nailed down. Then I plan on playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Yeah in all seriousness, I do plan on creating a mostly sneaky build on my first playthrough just to see what this game will do consequence-wise.

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
It's certainly a game that I've got my eye on. Love the realistic medieval art style and setting. Interested to see what the reviews look like. Also interested to see what the storyline is like and how it's implemented. I hope it's not too sandboxy like Skyrim. I like RPG's with a gripping main story, although those seem to be a dying breed.

Valok

Nov 17, 2010
It looks good. Too good.

As someone that tested the game years ago I can clearly see that it has come a looong way - I'll absolutely check it out. Hopefully it won't be a buggy, unoptimized mess.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I saw the Kickstarter for this back when it first came out, I'm glad it didn't fall apart. Hope it's good.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
On one hand, I am amazed at how far this game has come and that it stands poised to deliver on its' promises.
On the other hand, this is a game with the budget only slightly higher than a large indie game and it promises to deliver the Gothic or Divinity experience in a Skyrim-style world with a tight storyline and a more complex fighting system then Mount & Blade. Which all seems to good to be true. I'll be really happy if they surprise me, but I've got a feeling that Kingdom Come will be more Mafia 3 then it will be Divinity 2: Original Sin.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Combat looks a bit clunky here and there, but the sheer detail and depth will hopefully make up for it.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
There is already a Game of Thrones total conversion mod [https://www.pcgamer.com/a-game-of-thrones-total-conversion-mod-for-kingdom-come-deliverance-is-in-the-works/] in the works as well. Nuts, but good nuts.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
It looking forward to this. it looks really good. the fact that its first person game make it more immersive.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013

Looks pretty.

But someone should tell that scripted commentator that 'knobhead' is pronounced 'knob-edd.' Nobody puts emphasis on the 'h,' they'll see right through the disguise.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:

Looks pretty.

But someone should tell that scripted commentator that 'knobhead' is pronounced 'knob-edd.' Nobody puts emphasis on the 'h,' they'll see right through the disguise.

Maybe they did back in the 15th century...?

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
B-Cell said:
the fact that its first person game make it more immersive.
Then how come they are the games I tend to find the least immersive?

Ill be waiting on this game I think it could be a lot of fun but ive got way to many games to play atm so all except ones I really want are being put on the back burner. This one interests me but im not convinced from the little I have seen and hears so far that it is something I will find that engaging so I will see how it goes and maybe pick it up cheap a few months later unless new info or circumstance completely changes my mind one way or the other.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
hanselthecaretaker said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

Looks pretty.

If this is the 15th Century than where are the guns?

I thought at that point during the Renissance, Pike and Shot Warfare was already established.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

Looks pretty.

I thought at that point during the Renissance, Pike and Shot Warfare was already established.
The game starts at the onset of the 15th century. Those tactics didn't really come into play until nearly the end of it from what I've read.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Samtemdo8 said:

The game is very "historically accurate until it's not". Sometimes that means gameplay concessions, sometimes that means truthiness.
Meiam said:
Silentpony said:
It's skyrim without fantasy.
If I can't get attacked by a pack of assassins hired by that empty house I took a book from, heal the damage by eating 43 potatoes, then stick a bucket on the shop keeps head to steal everything in the shop without getting detected, what's the point?