Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days

rpspartin

Aug 4, 2009
By some shipping mishap I ended up getting my copy of the game today. And i have to say the game is gorgeous,the gameplay is well tuned, and story (like any square game) is well written. The pre-renderd ones even rival the ps2's version all in all it really shows what games can do on the DS.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Cool, good to know. Now I just need a DS to get my share of keyblade goodness. How does combat handle?

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
rpspartin said:
By some shipping mishap I ended up getting my copy of the game today. And i have to say the game is gorgeous,the gameplay is well tuned, and story (like any square game) is well written. The pre-renderd ones even rival the ps2's version all in all it really shows what games can do on the DS.
[sub]Grr...[/sub]
Good on you for getting the game one day before it's actual release date.
[sub]Why isn't it ever ME that this happens to?[/sub]

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Can't wait. Curse Square Enix for multiplatforming! First it's Crisis Core on PSP, now it's DS! What next, the FF7 remake will be for the Wii?
Incidentally, my girlfriend won't stop yakking about how much she wants to buy a DS just to play it.

rpspartin

Aug 4, 2009
megapenguinx said:
Cool, good to know. Now I just need a DS to get my share of keyblade goodness. How does combat handle?
Combat handles pretty damn well.You use the X button to go down the list instead of the 2nd analog stick. all in all it feels natural

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
rpspartin said:
megapenguinx said:
Combat handles pretty damn well.You use the X button to go down the list instead of the 2nd analog stick. all in all it feels natural
Weird, is the touch screen used for anything? Any idea if they have forms/summons? Hmm interesting..gah this just makes me want to go buy a DS!

Magnatek

Jul 17, 2009
megapenguinx said:
rpspartin said:
megapenguinx said:
Weird, is the touch screen used for anything? Any idea if they have forms/summons? Hmm interesting..gah this just makes me want to go buy a DS!
I think it's only used to navigate the menu. Is it?

rpspartin

Aug 4, 2009
Magnatek said:
megapenguinx said:
rpspartin said:
megapenguinx said:
I think it's only used to navigate the menu. Is it?
Weird, is the touch screen used for anything? Any idea if they have forms/summons? Hmm interesting..gah this just makes me want to go buy a DS![/quote]

I think it's only used to navigate the menu. Is it?[/quote]
touch isn't even toched except to manually change were your looking and even then you can do the same thing by holding down select and pushing the d-pad. no summons.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
It seems a little repetitive but I'll take real-time combat over that card-based crap from Chain of Memories.

Magnatek

Jul 17, 2009
rpspartin said:
megapenguinx said:
How's that panel system like? It seems pretty cool.

BOX oDAVE

Jul 15, 2009
the game looks good but what is with the title why cant they say 360 days?
what does the slash and the 2 make it more brooding and deep?
just make kingdom hearts 3 so i can get my giant key affix

thrubeingcool13

Sep 28, 2009
Shipping mishap or conspiracy?

I'm perplexed as to why this game is on the DS. (Yes, I own a DS.) It's probably not going to attract any new fans, and even if it does, they won't have any idea of what's gong on.

Magnatek

Jul 17, 2009
BOX oDAVE said:
Usually, in math, the / means "divide". Even then, I'm not sure if that's what it means in this story.

digipinky75910

Aug 25, 2009
Country
us
The pronunciation of the game is "Three Five Eight Over Two". The game lasts for 358 days. It looks like you get panels that you can equip with magic, skills, and items that you use your touch screen for. It seems a couple people managed to get the game a few days in advance. I don't have a DS, so I spent all weekend checking out the cutscenes on youtube. 0_0 I enjoyed it.

There are references to Birth by Sleep in it.

Magnatek

Jul 17, 2009
pinky75910 said:
The pronunciation of the game is "Three Five Eight Over Two". The game lasts for 358 days. It looks like you get panels that you can equip with magic, skills, and items that you use your touch screen for. It seems a couple people managed to get the game a few days in advance. I don't have a DS, so I spent all weekend checking out the cutscenes on youtube. 0_0 I enjoyed it.

There are references to Birth by Sleep in it.
Actually, it isn't "in advance" anymore. It was released today (technically yesterday). The only problem for me is that I don't have a car, so I can't go to a store to actually get a copy. I can get to a Meijer (aka supermarket with games in it, if you don't have one) within walking distance, but they didn't have it on the shelf when I checked at 4:20.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
TheSapphireKnight said:
It seems a little repetitive but I'll take real-time combat over that card-based crap from Chain of Memories.
If you actually played Chain of Memories, you would know that that too was in real-time, and the only difference was you had to expend cards to use moves, you couldn't attack consecutively.
It was still real-time. Clearly you are judging a game you've never finished, much less even played.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
TheSapphireKnight said:
If you actually played Chain of Memories, you would know that that too was in real-time, and the only difference was you had to expend cards to use moves, you couldn't attack consecutively.
It was still real-time. Clearly you are judging a game you've never finished, much less even played.
I know it was real time. I just meant that I prefer Kingdom Hearts proper over the 2-D CoM. I also just lacked a word to describe the gameplay. Card-based action/rpg?

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
Magnatek said:
BOX oDAVE said:
Usually, in math, the / means "divide". Even then, I'm not sure if that's what it means in this story.
It's pronounced three-five-eight days over two. And I think it's because it's about Roxas who is Sora's Nobody. Hence the 358 days of the game are "shared" by Roxas and Sora, as they both exist at the same time. It's a year that passes between Roxas "creation" and Sora's reapperance in KHII, thus 358 days in the Organization, and the 6 days you get in Twilight Town in KHII, with the final day being the reapperance of Sora.

Other theories say that the title refers to Roxas and Xion instead of Roxas and Sora, but I don't really think so...

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
I got the game on release day and have been playing rather steadily ... I love it. It's taken some getting used to going through the areas on a small screen when I'm used to a bigger one, but ... this is what I was waiting for. Throughout KH2, I was wondering what was going on in the Organization, what the timeline was for Chain of Memories and the World that Never was ... just how close did Axel and Roxas get?

The only thing I've yet to be sold on is "Member XIV". Maybe it's years of scepticsm leading me to think she's some type of Mary-Sue at first, but I know the series is better than to do something like that. The best thing so far is getting to play as all the other members of the Organization and seeing how they handle.

Has anyone else done the missions? Who do you like playing as? Personally, I've found my style to be with Saix and Marluxia. :)