Kingdom Hearts 3D Transforms Into Comic Book

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
To any1 that wants to but cant get the spinoffs but still want to stay current with the story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_hearts
scroll down a bit and it has a big red bar showing the timeline of the game meaning birth via sleep then KH1 etc
you should be able to peice the story together pretty easily and you can always find 10min vidoes of cutscenes on youtube

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Battleaxx90 said:
Definitely. I've been managing to follow every game so far (Except Chain of Memories) and wow, it adds so much to the story of 1 and 2. I am waiting patiently for KH3 because I think it has the potential to be the best in the series. And wow, Birth By Sleep was good. So people shouldn't say all the spin-off ones are terrible. Now, if only they'd release all the Final Mix games in Australia, and fully translated >_>

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Its not the spin-offs that annoy me - I actually like them. Im excited for 3D (very exciting after seeing the trailer for it) but what I am pissed about is the fact that they're trying to cover every console in existence... I seriously dont want to get a 3DS! =( I may end up getting it just for this game (obviously I'll make it more worth it by getting other games if I do, but they'll be games I wouldnt have bought a 3DS for)...

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Explain to me, if you are at all interested in this game, how do you NOT know this?
Because I quit caring about it quite a long time ago. I've never been a big fan of the FF franchise to begin with so the only reason I was interested in Versus was because I heard it was being done by some of the same people who worked on KH1 and 2, and that it was going to use the same or similar combat system.

You also don't have to act like a raging jerk simply because we were uninformed.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Explain to me, if you are at all interested in this game, how do you NOT know this?
Because I quit caring about it quite a long time ago. I've never been a big fan of the FF franchise to begin with so the only reason I was interested in Versus was because I heard it was being done by some of the same people who worked on KH1 and 2, and that it was going to use the same or similar combat system.

You also don't have to act like a raging jerk simply because we were uninformed.
I'm being a raging jerk because I hate having to explain myself over and over. Not just to the same people but to new people too.

Imagine saying what I just said, now imagine it after having said it thousands of times. I'm not pissed at you, you're just unfortunately in the way of my anger.

Also I'm kind of a prick.

Also in a more polite fashion, it's done by all of the same people who do Kingdom Hearts, and KH3 will (as stated) use the exact same engine.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
irequirefood said:
Battleaxx90 said:
Definitely. I've been managing to follow every game so far (Except Chain of Memories) and wow, it adds so much to the story of 1 and 2. I am waiting patiently for KH3 because I think it has the potential to be the best in the series. And wow, Birth By Sleep was good. So people shouldn't say all the spin-off ones are terrible. Now, if only they'd release all the Final Mix games in Australia, and fully translated >_>
This.

Ten thousand years of this.

The sad thing is, however, is that re-releasing Final Mix westside is going to be legally messy. Why? Well, remember the Tarzan stage? Remember how it was never mentioned again in all of the KH games? This is because the guys who own Tarzan don't want him appearing in any more of the games due to legal reasons. If they ever DO re-release KH1FM, they're either going to have to write around the problem or (god forbid) sort out the legal issues.

Other than that little hiccup, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they DID re-release the Final Mixes of KHI, CoM AND II on the PS3 in anticipation for the third game. I can understand if they didn't, although the fandom will probaly find ANOTHER reason to start bitching about how much they hate Squeenix.

Anyways, that's enough of the "what if's" and "should be's". It's time to sit back and remember what's important.

FREAKING NEKU'S GONNA BE IN KH3D HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT!

Also...

Did the catchpa just call me a chasubse!? YOU BASTARD! IT'S GENETIC! I CAN'T HELP IT! *sobs*

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Battleaxx90 said:
irequirefood said:
Battleaxx90 said:
This.

Ten thousand years of this.

The sad thing is, however, is that re-releasing Final Mix westside is going to be legally messy. Why? Well, remember the Tarzan stage? Remember how it was never mentioned again in all of the KH games? This is because the guys who own Tarzan don't want him appearing in any more of the games due to legal reasons. If they ever DO re-release KH1FM, they're either going to have to write around the problem or (god forbid) sort out the legal issues.

Other than that little hiccup, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they DID re-release the Final Mixes of KHI, CoM AND II on the PS3 in anticipation for the third game. I can understand if they didn't, although the fandom will probaly find ANOTHER reason to start bitching about how much they hate Squeenix.

Anyways, that's enough of the "what if's" and "should be's". It's time to sit back and remember what's important.

FREAKING NEKU'S GONNA BE IN KH3D HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT!

Also...

Did the catchpa just call me a chasubse!? YOU BASTARD! IT'S GENETIC! I CAN'T HELP IT! *sobs*
Okay, I'm going to assume you don't know that there's an english patch for Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix you can go get.

FFXII: International Zodiac Job System also has a patch, And that version is pretty much the definitive FFXII

Invadergray

Oct 17, 2011
Battleaxx90 said:
You'll be hard-pressed to find a video game franchise that can tell its story quite like Kingdom Hearts. With so many great characters, concepts, powers, motifs and mysteries, this franchise is quite simply one that you'll never see the likes of again, even if you live to be a hundred.
Except almost all the characters and concepts were taken from either much better games or from Disney. The powers, namely mashing x an increasing number of times, aren't really that innovative. The motifs, light vs dark, soul and soullessness, friendship, etc, aren't new concepts either. Not saying the series is bad, just saying everything about it has been done before and better. And I'm not even a hundred yet.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Kingdom Hearts 3d is continuing the story, it takes place after 2 and is setting the stage for 3 so its likely 3 will be after this one.
Yup, Sora and Riku are taking their Mark of Mastery exam so they can become true Keyblade masters, defeat Darth Vader, then presumably rebuild the Jedi Order after the Empire Saga.

Wait what franchise was I talking about again?

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Battleaxx90 said:
Attention, everybody who wants KHIII to be made, instead of all these spin-offs: (Long rant, click spoiler to view)

You'll be hard-pressed to find a video game franchise that can tell its story quite like Kingdom Hearts. With so many great characters, concepts, powers, motifs and mysteries, this franchise is quite simply one that you'll never see the likes of again, even if you live to be a hundred. Sure, it may be confusing, long, and expensive, but to those of you who are willing to stick with the franchise to the bitter end, you'll no doubt be rewarded for it.

'Cause c'mon, name one other video game franchise where you can get revenge on that one Disney villain that gave you nightmares for weeks by beating him/her up with a giant key.

Also, it has been stated by Word of God that KHIII will make no goddamn sense without all the info gained from the spin-offs. Yeah, it sucks that there's so many. Yeah, it sucks that they're all on different consoles. But if you've been playing each and every one, you'll start to pick up on some things. Common threads that encompass the entire franchise. The fact that certain worlds always have certain elements that are consistent through the installments. Things like that.

The spin-offs have been training you ever-so-subtly for what you face in the third game. You will not enjoy the third game nearly as much if you have yet to complete the spin-offs.

I think the reason most people are angry is because they think that the story hasn't progressed after the end of KHII. What they tend to forget is that it HAS, just not linearily. Remember this video?

As the title would imply, when this video was first seen at the end of KHII, everybody thought that it was a teaser for the third game, much like how Another Side, Another Story was a teaser for the second. Watching it today, it couldn't be a trailer for anything except Birth By Sleep.

I think that's why everybody seems to go into a nerdrage for III whenever KH is brought up, is because they're still feeling the pain from the fact that the franchise has stopped going forward linearily. But then again, as it was said in Coded, their hurting will be mended when they realise that the franchise is by no means dead just because the third game hasn't been released yet.

Or something like that.

So just be patient, guys. It's been confirmed that KHIII is going to be the next game released after KH3D, so all we have to wait is a year or two. Not much longer to go, guys!

Aetheora said:
Idk where I found this, but I think it was in a YouTube comment.

"Given the story of Kingdom Hearts was supposed to stand alone, the way Nomura's worked the plot to span other games and at least attempt to make sense of it is truly a remarkable feat of storytelling. It's not his fault he has TWO big companies looking over his shoulder saying "this made money, make another." Instead of copping out and recycling a plot, he tried to make it his own and give us a story actually worth experiencing."

Also, to add to that, it really sounds like the story is coming together into an entirety throughout the span of these spin-off games. These aren't being made just for shits ya know. They're made to explain some plot elements that will be key to the story of the 3rd KH game.

I'm tired of seeing the rants for KH 3. It'll get here when it gets here. But the story isn't complete just yet. Once the story is set, it will come. Get used to it and wait, Interwebs >.>
THIS.

This is what I'm talking about. Kingdom Hearts is more than just a means to a paycheck for Nomura, it's an actual story that he wants to tell to his darndest. To whoever wrote the orirginal comment, I present you with this:

My problem with it all is that all the spin offs come out on the handhelds instead say, a downloadable game on PSN, you know the system that people who played the originals will most likely own. Also there really is such a thing as too much complexity, the Kingdom Hearts series is just becoming too damn incomprehensible in my opinion.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
Battleaxx90 said:
Attention, everybody who wants KHIII to be made, instead of all these spin-offs: (Long rant, click spoiler to view)

You'll be hard-pressed to find a video game franchise that can tell its story quite like Kingdom Hearts. With so many great characters, concepts, powers, motifs and mysteries, this franchise is quite simply one that you'll never see the likes of again, even if you live to be a hundred. Sure, it may be confusing, long, and expensive, but to those of you who are willing to stick with the franchise to the bitter end, you'll no doubt be rewarded for it.

'Cause c'mon, name one other video game franchise where you can get revenge on that one Disney villain that gave you nightmares for weeks by beating him/her up with a giant key.

Also, it has been stated by Word of God that KHIII will make no goddamn sense without all the info gained from the spin-offs. Yeah, it sucks that there's so many. Yeah, it sucks that they're all on different consoles. But if you've been playing each and every one, you'll start to pick up on some things. Common threads that encompass the entire franchise. The fact that certain worlds always have certain elements that are consistent through the installments. Things like that.

The spin-offs have been training you ever-so-subtly for what you face in the third game. You will not enjoy the third game nearly as much if you have yet to complete the spin-offs.

I think the reason most people are angry is because they think that the story hasn't progressed after the end of KHII. What they tend to forget is that it HAS, just not linearily. Remember this video?

As the title would imply, when this video was first seen at the end of KHII, everybody thought that it was a teaser for the third game, much like how Another Side, Another Story was a teaser for the second. Watching it today, it couldn't be a trailer for anything except Birth By Sleep.

I think that's why everybody seems to go into a nerdrage for III whenever KH is brought up, is because they're still feeling the pain from the fact that the franchise has stopped going forward linearily. But then again, as it was said in Coded, their hurting will be mended when they realise that the franchise is by no means dead just because the third game hasn't been released yet.

Or something like that.

So just be patient, guys. It's been confirmed that KHIII is going to be the next game released after KH3D, so all we have to wait is a year or two. Not much longer to go, guys!

Aetheora said:
Idk where I found this, but I think it was in a YouTube comment.

"Given the story of Kingdom Hearts was supposed to stand alone, the way Nomura's worked the plot to span other games and at least attempt to make sense of it is truly a remarkable feat of storytelling. It's not his fault he has TWO big companies looking over his shoulder saying "this made money, make another." Instead of copping out and recycling a plot, he tried to make it his own and give us a story actually worth experiencing."

Also, to add to that, it really sounds like the story is coming together into an entirety throughout the span of these spin-off games. These aren't being made just for shits ya know. They're made to explain some plot elements that will be key to the story of the 3rd KH game.

I'm tired of seeing the rants for KH 3. It'll get here when it gets here. But the story isn't complete just yet. Once the story is set, it will come. Get used to it and wait, Interwebs >.>
THIS.

This is what I'm talking about. Kingdom Hearts is more than just a means to a paycheck for Nomura, it's an actual story that he wants to tell to his darndest. To whoever wrote the orirginal comment, I present you with this:

My problem with it all is that all the spin offs come out on the handhelds instead say, a downloadable game on PSN, you know the system that people who played the originals will most likely own. Also there really is such a thing as too much complexity, the Kingdom Hearts series is just becoming too damn incomprehensible in my opinion.
This is certainly a thing, the thing is individual games still totally make sense on their own. It's when you try to take all their events together that you wind up needing a flow chart just to keep everything straight. Like how Sora is carrying around 3 hearts at the moment.

Granted we are not QUITE at the level of .Hack's "Read these novels, watch this anime, read this manga, play this game and watch this accompanying anime series, but not all together or things will get confusing. If you want to understand the whole story, also remember these other side mangas telling alternate stories, and the new movies"

I swear Project .Hack// is a test of "How far can we spread all the information in this canon before even the spergiest of spergers go cross eyed"

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Vanquishuer said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Also, if you've seen trailers for KH3 it's news to me
http://youtu.be/iEL2grmKSnM

2006 Matey
Looks more like a trailer for Birth by Sleep if you ask me, I don't particularly see anything about it that would lead me to believe it's one for KH3.