Kingdom Preview - A Medieval Tax Simulator

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Kingdom Preview - A Medieval Tax Simulator

Kingdom, a self described pixel art minimalist strategy game, prompts you to recruit peasants, build a place for them to live, and then defend it against oncoming waves of monsters known simply as ?the greed.?

Read Full Article

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Why does this remind me exactly of an old Newgrounds game with literally the same concept? Unless I'm dremaing things, I swear I remember an old flash game where you just sort of ran around collecting gold and then had to macro-manage to survive the invasions.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Lil_Rimmy said:
Why does this remind me exactly of an old Newgrounds game with literally the same concept? Unless I'm dremaing things, I swear I remember an old flash game where you just sort of ran around collecting gold and then had to macro-manage to survive the invasions.
Yes I remember that too. The only real difference I can see is that in that game the monsters were called trolls and they had heads that looked like the stupid trollface rage comic thing. Looking at the developers comments on the youtube video, that was a prototype they released.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Genocidicles said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
Yes I remember that too. The only real difference I can see is that in that game the monsters were called trolls and they had heads that looked like the stupid trollface rage comic thing. Looking at the developers comments on the youtube video, that was a prototype they released.
Haha, yeah, I went away after posting and found the game, played it for a bit only to remember why I didn't like it that much. The prototype suffered from being far TOO simple. I really, really hope they expand on the game mechanics for the full version, as nice as it is to enjoy a simpler game now and then the prototype was literally just upgrading your camp, putting as many archers as possible and then slowly trying to build walls out that will just be instantly crushed by a "le troll face".

But, here's hoping they really nail the full version, because in general I actually loved the game. The little touches, really nice pixel graphics and the way you watched your little camp grow were all pretty cool.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Looks like my kinda game.
Always loved those build a town style games.
Whiled away many hours in banished.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Genocidicles said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
It looks like your avatar is the main enemy type in this game :p