King's Quest Preview - Resistance is Feudal

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
King's Quest Preview - Resistance is Feudal

After a 17 year hiatus, King's Quest is back, baby. It's back!

Read Full Article

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
If there's a collector's edition it should come with the hat. I would pay extra for the hat.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Multiple Endings and various ways to solve puzzles?

Count me in! It sounds like what I (and a lot of people) wanted The Walking Dead to be.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Okay I was hesitant at first but this is starting to sound pretty interesting. I'll give it a go when it comes out.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
I was terrified of this. Activision zombiefying my favorite studio. Just...let them rest in peace, you animals!

God I hope they don't cock this up somehow. I can already see the 120 dollar DLC and the 60 dollar season pass.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
I wish studios would stop focusing on "replay value". The old Sierra classics were so good because they didn't NEED replay value - it took you tens of hours and hard work to get through the tough puzzles and deaths to the end. Each screen was thoroughly filled with things to examine and do, and not vertically stacked with alternate choices and endings.

Bottom line - you shouldn't be finishing a game wanting to play it again. You should be fully satisfied with what you've played, like a good meal at a restaurant.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Blood Brain Barrier said:
I wish studios would stop focusing on "replay value". The old Sierra classics were so good because they didn't NEED replay value - it took you tens of hours and hard work to get through the tough puzzles and deaths to the end. Each screen was thoroughly filled with things to examine and do, and not vertically stacked with alternate choices and endings.

Bottom line - you shouldn't be finishing a game wanting to play it again. You should be fully satisfied with what you've played, like a good meal at a restaurant.
While I completely agree with you, I almost never replay a game, with the exception of games like XCOM. Just like I don't really re-watch movies or re-read books. But, I included in my piece because I know MANY people who do like to replay games. Especially ones with player choice.

Guilen-

Mar 14, 2009
It looks great, and I'm excited, but I can't help but wish it included more 2d hand-painted environments. I guess it's inevitable considering the era, but, le sigh. It includes the typical mushy-looking 3d textures of so much 3d gaming. Ah well.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Considering how many times I've replayed Sierra classics despite having everything memorized, I do feel replay value a nice touch. Its why I loved the way the Quest for Glory series was handled. Though the end point of each entry was fixed, you could finish them without completing everything or going for 100% heroism and the slight differences in gameplay depending on your class choice was awesome. I wanted to see more from that series and would love a revitalization of it with modern mechanics added, so here's hoping that King's Quest opens the door for more Sierra classics to get a foothold.