Kirby's Return to Dream Land Review

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Of course it's great, it's Kirby!

Now if Nintendo would use the Kirby 64 copy ability in a new game it would fly off the shelves even faster.

Who doesn't love being Darth Kirby.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Playing as Kirby with one of the weapons bring a Parasol of Death sounds like too much fun too pass up

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
RJ Dalton said:
Did you not hear Jim a few weeks ago? Kirby is extremely challenging if you don't base challenge off whether or not you die!

As I haven't played the game, I have no idea whether I'm making a valid point, or just making fun of Jim. Just decide it's whichever seems more appropriate.
Or makes me seem like the biggest asshole. People seem to enjoy that assumption a lot.
I really hate it when Jim has a point. Rather I hate Jim and so I don't like to admit when he's right, but again he has a point here.

I feel like the reviewer is comparing Kirby to other modern platformers. You need to compare Kirby to Kirby and Kirby is a children's game. If you're complaining as an adult that it's not challenging enough for you go play the original games on the gameboy, NES, and SNES. Easy, easy and simple. The N64 offering stepped it up a bit and added a welcome amount of depth both in the copy system and the puzzles. But aside from that Kirby has been Nintendo's kiddy game, and that's fine.

But [teeth clenched] as Jim pointed out [/teeth clenched] there is a lot of challenge for more adult players of Kirby games in the completion aspect. Finishing a Kirby game, no problem. Getting 100% on a Kirby game is an achievement, in the proper sense of the word.

The same could be said for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat which I really appreciate it for, too.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Callate said:
No examination of the multiplayer? This review seems a bit incomplete without even a mention of that feature.
He can only review that if other people were involved in his review.