Kissing.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
In my last thread "Question about sexuality" I asked about people's sexual orientation and how long they'd been like that, or when they realized it. In that thread, a few people from various orientations said that they were made uncomfortable when they saw people not of their sexual orientation kissing or otherwise showing signs of affection towards each other. So this thread is to compound on that part of that particular discussion.

Does it bother you when someone not of your sexual orientation shows affection for their significant other? Does it bother when someone of the same sexual orientation shows affection for their significant other? Why? Does showing affection in general bother you? Should it just be restricted to areas away from the public? What other viewpoints regarding this do you have? Why do you believe them?

Enjoy the discussion, and please, try to keep it civil.

New thread with a poll now. Check it out if you want to vote on it/discuss it more.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Personally I have NO problem with it, and I'm single.

If you don't like it, you could always look away, and if you REALLY have a problem tell them to tone it down a bit.

Just my 2 pence

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Doesn't bother me one bit. They're in love same as anyone. What business is it of mine?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I couldn't really care less. If people are sloppy kissers though, and are properly going for it, it can get a bit odd (although I usually laugh).

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Not at all. I'm perfectly fine with it. :D

Um... I'm avoiding this question to avoid offending people and an inferno. :/

No, love is love and if two people wish to express their love for each other in an affectionate(barring sexual intercourse in public) way, that is their choice and no one is forced to look at them. :p

My basic point is, Love. That is all.

[sub]Though, I really wouldn't mind if they started fucking in public :/, see if I care. :/[/sub]

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Depends on it. Heavily making out, I dislike, regardless of the genders involved because some things should be kept in private. Of course, I just look away instead of saying anything. Other displays of affection, I have no problems with.

They have the same rights as anyone.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I've got no problems with gays, but I'm not going to pretend that I don't find the sight of two guys making out to be vomit inducing. I'm not a big fan of anyone kissing in public, but there are few sights I find as repulsive as that.

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Couldn't care less, hug, kiss, make-out even going all the way, as long as I don't get caught up in the middle of something or it somehow affects me I don't care what others are doing and I expect the same rights for myself.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I have no problem with it, if they keep it civilized. Extremely involved makeout session in public are in bad taste, though. Nobody needs or wants to see that taking place.

Apr 28, 2008
Woodsey said:
I couldn't really care less. If people are sloppy kissers though, and are properly going for it, it can get a bit odd (although I usually laugh).
Sometimes I try to make suggestions. Then they look at me like I'M the asshole.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I don't mind a little public display of affection, but some people just take it too far. Calm down :p

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, regardless who's doing it. I'm the last person to kiss someone else out in public though.
[sub]I'm shy //_;[/sub]

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Irridium said:
Woodsey said:
Sometimes I try to make suggestions. Then they look at me like I'M the asshole.
Is that because what you're really making are requests?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Kissing in public is completely fine. I say this after being at numerous party's and watching everyone kiss everyone. I personally only kissed the girls (guys do not taste nearly as nice) but still, it doesn't bother me.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I don't care who or what is kissing two men/man - woman.

What I do mind is people going for it in public and playing tonsil tennis. Keep it for private times.