Kixeye: "Zynga is About Making Games For Grandmothers"

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Boudica said:
Could it be any more hypocritical? Someone we don't like steals developers and it's horrible, filthy, evil business practices. Someone we don't mind steals developers from someone we dislike and it's hilarious.

Oh I see. It's only wrong when you don't like it. Nice.
I wasn't aware that was my opinion.
Thank you for enlightening me.

OT: Kixeye reallly likes shoving this down peoples throats don't they?
Well, considering their games are nothing special who the hell cares.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
I read "midcore" as "mediocre" at first. Looks like I was right.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Boudica said:
Could it be any more hypocritical? Someone we don't like steals developers and it's horrible, filthy, evil business practices. Someone we don't mind steals developers from someone we dislike and it's hilarious.

Oh I see. It's only wrong when you don't like it. Nice.
Huh? I think you must be confused. How is this stealing? You can't steal people - you make them an offer and they accept or not. That's how it's supposed to work and preventing this is actually immoral.

theblindedhunter

Jul 8, 2012
I'm a little curious what exactly the "Zynga is about making games for grandmothers" thing is supposed to mean, if anything at all.
If it is targeting casual gaming... that's kind of rude to a good deal of people who are not grandmothers, and a valid type of game design that they enjoy.
If it is targeting making games for people who are grandmothers (if that is even I thing you can do) I'm not so sure what is bad about more games for more people.

Kixeye seems much too like a petulant child at this point. Or maybe a monkey, charging out into the industry, flinging shit at a bunch of people, then expecting everyone to think they're worth something.
Maybe that works for some people, or perhaps most, but I'm really not expecting anything good out of them.