Kmart Unveils Sweet Game Deals for Black Friday

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I predict tramplings in the near future.

.....shit, I just realized I have to work that day....

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Good deals but last time I went to a black friday event, I got punched in the jaw. Sooo thanks, but no thanks.
I might wait to see what other deals they'll come out with though.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
So Kmart starts advertising on this site, and all of a sudden we start seeing news stories about their game deals? Very interesting. They've had some pretty sweet deals for awhile now. I've got a $30 coupon from buying Batman in the first week and I'm going to use it in conjunction with the buy one get one half off deal going on right now. Rayman Origins + Skyrim for $60 if all goes according to plan.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Arrrgggh, too bad my two year CD doesn't mature until December. Though I think I'm going to use some of that money to upgrade my computer so it can properly play The Old Republic when it comes out, oh, and get The Old Republic.

zelda2fanboy said:
So Kmart starts advertising on this site, and all of a sudden we start seeing news stories about their game deals? Very interesting. They've had some pretty sweet deals for awhile now. I've got a $30 coupon from buying Batman in the first week and I'm going to use it in conjunction with the buy one get one half off deal going on right now. Rayman Origins + Skyrim for $60 if all goes according to plan.
You kind of sound like me when I get game credits from pre-ordering games from Amazon.

"Now that I have my credit, I will use it to pre-order that game, and get another credit, which I will use to get that game too....gooood...good. My plan is coming together and Amazon will be none the wiser."

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Gah, that's a pretty crummy list, overall.

There are some nice games. But gah.

Gah. And other gah stuff.

I'm going to be going for a 42 inch TV at Best Buy for $200, myself.

I mean, for that price, who doesn't need another TV?

You can always use it for Eyefinity if you already own several others.

I mean, $200, people. That's the same price you'll pay for a tiny 22 inch 1080p monitor, many times. Sure, you may not be getting any more resolution, but it's very worth it if you like doing anything not huddled up at a desk from time to time.

And why am I letting you all know? Now I have more competition getting it!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
So... it is news that a store is having a sale? ok then.
Black Friday sales are a pretty big deal in the States, yes. You can score some pretty major bargains if you're willing to put forth the effort.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
So... it is news that a store is having a sale? ok then.
Black Friday sales are a pretty big deal in the States, yes. You can score some pretty major bargains if you're willing to put forth the effort.
I live in the US and i know but i didn't expect this to be news.
We, and most other game sites, typically cover Black Friday gaming deals to help readers (or their families) save a few bucks. Gaming is a pricey hobby, so every little bit helps - especially at the holidays.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Is it totally awful that I saw "Black" and "Friday" in the same sentence, and my mind immediately drifted to something else?

HAH! It's stuck in your head now, too.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
The only reason I ever go out on Black Friday is when I want a new tv. I'm thinking next year I'll be out there around 1 am like I did two years ago.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Hmm. Good thing I live near a K-Mart that almost no one goes to. Of course, that might be due to the fact that there's another K-Mart, Walmart, and Target about twelve miles south.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
6am? I wish. I'm opening at Target at MIDNIGHT (Good luck getting any of those deals at 6!) and pulling a full eight hour shift. Anyways, woo savings. Now where are my redbulls...

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Whoa, an Xbox 360 on sale? As in, on sale on sale? With an actual lower price instead of the usual price but with a free gift card? Madre de Dios, it can happen. I was honestly thinking there was some sort of price fixing thing going on.

Susan Arendt said:
Awfully nice of you to only cover the ones at a store chain practically nobody shops at anymore, so that if anyone does go for these deals they won't be at risk of getting trampled by the crowds. ;)

In all seriousness, I do appreciate this article, even if I probably still don't feel like getting up ungodly early to go shopping. Our nearest Kmart is too far to bother anyway.

Snake Plissken said:
Is it totally awful that I saw "Black" and "Friday" in the same sentence, and my mind immediately drifted to something else?

HAH! It's stuck in your head now, too.
I just realized that some store chain might actually have gotten it into their heads to use a parody of her song in their Black Friday commercials. You know, like retailers often do with popular songs.

Then I remembered I never watch TV anymore anyway so I probably won't even know.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Aside from Rage and the 360 with ebay prices I don't really see anything that constitutes a great bargain especially since I have a PS3 and PC.