Know PHP? We're Hiring!

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
saejox said:
everbody wants some prior exp.
then nobody will find a job.
See my previous post in the thread on creating something on your own. It's easy to get experience as a web developer, or even working as a team of developers, it just takes time and motivation.

Several of our programmers actually started their positions with fairly minimal experience working with PHP, and have done far better work than some other people who have had experience. But I'm not looking for someone to train up to handling our code with this ad (as reflected both in the requirements, and the salary). Ideally, I'm looking for someone who could potentially train others.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
I would _so_ love to go for this, and I totally blow qualifications away, but I'm West Coast till I die.

Let me know when you're ready to take this thing bi-coastal!

saejox said:
everbody wants some prior exp.
then nobody will find a job.
Virgil said:
See my previous post in the thread on creating something on your own. It's easy to get experience as a web developer, or even working as a team of developers, it just takes time and motivation.
I get the impression that you don't have institutional support for this, like a school job match. It's OK, neither did I. Just tell people you know in real life what you do and what you want to do. Never shut up about it. Someday, perhaps a year or two after you start doing this, someone will call you on your shit. If you can show up on that day and perform, or if you already have a few personal projects to show (like Virgil suggests), you will have your experience.

And, just one more time,

West Coast 4 LYFE!

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Virgil said:
ShadowKatt said:
How come you guys have to be in North Carolina? That's in the complete opposite direction I'm trying to move!!!
Low cost to live here, a good local economy, and generally nice weather. We're pretty happy here, actually. Strangely enough, because of all the tech companies and colleges importing people to the area, it's not actually that "Southern".
I'm sure it's an absolutely lovely place to live, unfortunately I have previous obligations and I'm headed towards the west coast, so unless there's a way to do the job remotely, I'm out.

Well, okay, there ARE ways to do it remotely, but that's just a pain.