Kobold's Quest Lets Players Steal Babies, Collect Their Skulls

ChroniclerC

Oct 30, 2009
ace_of_something said:
So... we're making a gritty version of [a href=http://www.koboldsatemybaby.com/]Steve Jackson[/a] games?
All hail king Torg!
All hail King Torg!

Looks cute and silly. I'll have to keep an eye on this. And yes Plugav, Kobolds Ate My Baby as fun as it sounds.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
sounds fun looks meh serously someone thinks we will pay for those graphics needs at least some serous polishing

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I loved the narrator's voice. Also, the game looks like a pretty amusing take on Kobolds. :p

Rutskarn

Feb 20, 2010
plugav said:
Rutskarn said:
Kobolds Ate My Baby!, the tabletop role-playing game about noseless kobolds gathering babies to feed their commander so he doesn't eat them instead.
Is it as fun as it sounds?
Like a thousand times moreso, actually. It's got some of the greatest novelty rules I've seen in 12 years of gaming.

Galduke

Jun 6, 2008
Kinda tired of the pretentious crap shoved into indie... anything I guess, not just games, purely to get attention. Then again it could just as easily have been a joke between the creators... still too common though.

Also the game looks like a *slower* New Super Mario Bros. vs mode.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Therumancer said:
Reminds me of the "Kobold's Ate My Baby" mini pack-game that used to be a staple of brick and mortar PnP RPG shops ... it also reminds me somewhat of Tom Proudfoot's work (which I never tried, but remember hearing about).

http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=2926
Rutskarn said:
Well, hello, rip-off of Kobolds Ate My Baby!, the tabletop role-playing game about noseless kobolds gathering babies to feed their commander so he doesn't eat them instead. How's tricks?
That was the first thing I thought of too...

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Im not gonna donate but I'll pick it up if it comes out looks like a great deal of fun. hehe dingo

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Therumancer said:
Reminds me of the "Kobold's Ate My Baby" mini pack-game that used to be a staple of brick and mortar PnP RPG shops ... it also reminds me somewhat of Tom Proudfoot's work (which I never tried, but remember hearing about).

http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=2926
This.

Seriously, just...this...

...I'm going back to /tg/...

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Rutskarn said:
plugav said:
Rutskarn said:
Kobolds Ate My Baby!, the tabletop role-playing game about noseless kobolds gathering babies to feed their commander so he doesn't eat them instead.
Is it as fun as it sounds?
Like a thousand times moreso, actually. It's got some of the greatest novelty rules I've seen in 12 years of gaming.
ChroniclerC said:
And yes Plugav, Kobolds Ate My Baby as fun as it sounds.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to check it out.

As for this game, I don't own an XBox, so...

HBaskerville

Jun 22, 2010
Makes me wonder if the folks that created "Kobold's Ate My Baby" know about this obvious rip off of their property. I dropped one of the creators of the original game a note on Twitter, so we'll see. Hopefully SuckerFree at least talked to the original creators before using their work. If the SuckerFree guys are simply copying it shows a lack of class and creativity. I'd enjoy hearing from SuckerFree regarding their source material. The is no mention of them or the source material on their indiegogo funding page.

Perhaps the article author could follow up?

Also, the pen and paper game is a riot. All Hail King Torg!

Kovalic

Apr 9, 2009
Wow. I've never heard of this before.

Well, I did, and it was called "Kobolds Ate My Baby." Ahem.

I think I need to chat with Chris and Dan...

HBaskerville

Jun 22, 2010
Kovalic said:
Wow. I've never heard of this before.

Well, I did, and it was called "Kobolds Ate My Baby." Ahem.

I think I need to chat with Chris and Dan...
Glad to see your post here, John.

Not so glad to see this project was news to you.

Kovalic

Apr 9, 2009
Just spoke with Chris, one of the creators of Kobolds Ate My Baby. And no, he'd never heard of this, either.

(For those unfamiliar with Kobolds Ate My Baby, you can find it here - http://www.koboldsatemybaby.com/ I'm the cartoonist of the game).