Kojima announced Death Stranding release date with an 8 minute trailer

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Let's go full Kojima I say. All the madness: all the convoluted conspiracies, the sex stuff, the weirdness. Lets see where it goes without Konami holding him back.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Fieldy409 said:
Let's go full Kojima I say. All the madness: all the convoluted conspiracies, the sex stuff, the weirdness. Lets see where it goes without Konami holding him back.
I suspect it's gonna be a glorious trainwreck, probably far more notable for it's weirdness and uniqueness then anything amazing on the game play side(unless they ended up recreating something close to the FOX engine for DS). It's a fascinating trailer, but then again, so were all those trailers for MGSV and the game ended up being....not quite the same.

I have no love for Konami, especially after what they did to Kojima at the end and, on a far lesser note, the Snake Eater Pacinkoslot thing. OTOH, like David Cage, the man tends to get lost in his own ego a lot and a lot of it isn't nearly as clever or deep as he seems to think it is. Seeing him running rampant with no outside restraints will be amazing to watch, probably as many bad ways as it is good. Watching the hype train picking up steam and people on the internet going full fanboy/fangirl over this is making me take a wait and see approach.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Dalisclock said:
Fieldy409 said:
I suspect it's gonna be a glorious trainwreck, probably far more notable for it's weirdness and uniqueness then anything amazing on the game play side(unless they ended up recreating something close to the FOX engine for DS). It's a fascinating trailer, but then again, so were all those trailers for MGSV and the game ended up being....not quite the same.

I have no love for Konami, especially after what they did to Kojima at the end and, on a far lesser note, the Snake Eater Pacinkoslot thing. OTOH, like David Cage, the man tends to get lost in his own ego a lot and a lot of it isn't nearly as clever or deep as he seems to think it is. Seeing him running rampant with no outside restraints will be amazing to watch, probably as many bad ways as it is good. Watching the hype train picking up steam and people on the internet going full fanboy/fangirl over this is making me take a wait and see approach.
Theres not much gameplay to the trailer, but it looks mechanically okay. Maybe a little awkward like Metal Gear Solid combat and movement was but they seem to get away with that in the past. I feel reasonably confident that there will be a lot of sales and it will be a fun game. It's story will be the main draw I think.

The question is if they'll beat what must have been a huge budget, celebrities and that level of graphical detail didn't come cheap I imagine. Hopefully the sales can outstrip that for it to be considered a success.