Kojima Productions Announces Open World Metal Gear Solid Game

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
As much as I wanted Kojima to leave Snake alone, this looks and sounds really cool. Big Boss has always been my favorite.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
*massive moan*

Why can't the franchise just DIE?!
Because the core games are superb... intreguing, well executed and with many open questions still to answer! The sneaking works better than any other sneak-em up, and the Japanese manga and anime influences in a more realistic style game is awesome!

Also the themed enemies are always exciting, and what game has more iconic boss fights!?

I am looking forward to this game... I wonder how they will make it an espionage/spy game, as easy, without the usual guard paths and set levels...?

Apr 28, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
*massive moan*

Because whenever he tries to do something more interesting like a new Zone of Enders game or work on a Silent Hill game like he wants, he gets a bunch of death threats and hate mail from "fans".

And he just wants to make his "fans" happy.

I love the guy, but he really needs to just tell these "fans" to fuck off and do what he wants to do.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
1. If its on PC, then... *drools

2. It had better have plenty of stealth. I love sneaking around!

3. I will probably get it even if it sucks. I just love the series that much.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Cid SilverWing said:
*massive moan*

Because the core games are superb... intreguing, well executed and with many open questions still to answer!
What would MSG be without any of the mystery?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Cid SilverWing said:
*massive moan*

Because we keep MAKING Kojima make the games, DUH!
To be completely fair, the fans are pretty much the ones who won't let it die. Look at Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4. Kojima has tried killing the franchise.

OT: Color me intrigued. I don't really need another open-world game right now, but I'm sure I'll be done with a few of the ones I have by the time more info on this is released and a large, open-world Metal Gear Solid could be pretty interesting.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
shrekfan246 said:
To be completely fair, the fans are pretty much the ones who won't let it die. Look at Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4. Kojima has tried killing the franchise.
He's been more than happy to produce spinoffs and cash-ins time and again. He complains, but he really REALLY likes the money and attention.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I want a 4-player co-op Metal Gear game made by a cooperation between VALV[sup]E[/sup] and Konami. It would be the best game ever and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

P.S. Thanks

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
I am the biggest hypocrite because I ***** and moan about Yet Another Final Fantasy Game because they are Stealing Square-Enix's Attention From Better Things, and yet I find this to be the best thing ever because I could play Metal Gear games until the end of the Earth. ...And despite this self-awareness, I still really want to play this game. ^^;

I would argue that Kojima isn't making side plots, with the exception of Rising. All of the more recent games are filling in a metaplot. He only has so many slots left until he *has* to go to random side plot. Currently, he's filling in Big Boss's life, so...well, we only have a couple more possible games here, or so it seems.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
*massive moan*

Well it has been around exactly as long as Final Fantasy. 25 years later and this franchise (which only has 6 core games so I don't know why you're complaining...) still has people interested. Most other franchises from 25 or more years ago are boring people.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'm always up for more sneaking missions with Big Boss. I look forward to more info about this game.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
You know what, this is perfect. Big Boss is totally rocking that MSF branded reverse engineered sneaking suit. After creating and expanding Mother Base and MSF in Peace Walker, I'm ready to get out into the world and really do shit. Let's see the tension between Big Boss and Zero bubble as their personal war escalates into Outer Heaven vs The Patriots. Let's see Big Boss recruiting Null and turning him into Gray Fox, then evolving FOXHOUND into a special forces unit.

I really hope they keep the recruitment and management that Portable Ops introduced. I've been wanting to see that on a full blown console since I got really involved in Portable Ops +. There's also so much of Big Boss' story left to tell.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I look at MGS games the same way I look at FF games at this point...

"Wait.....they're STILL making these fucking games?"

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
RJ 17 said:
I look at MGS games the same way I look at FF games at this point...

"Wait.....they're STILL making these fucking games?"
I really don't understand this attitude from some of you people. Everytime a major MGS game comes out it's a big deal, the story may be bonkers at times, but the gameplay is some of the best the industry has ever produced.