Konami Announces Metal Gear Survive

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Really, Konami? You make a new Metal Gear Solid game, only for it to be an over-used zombie-killing game? Why not make a new IP? Oh wait, you love money too much and want to get it from stupid people.

#fuckonami

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Areloch said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
I thought Konami quit making video games.

Or did I just miss something completely?
Supposedly the pachinko scene isn't doing as well as they were hoping, while their gaming divison is still making cash, so they're working their way back into it.
Who knew that raking money out of gambling games would eventually reach a stage where you cant get money out of people anymore? It's like some people realised that the games weren't worth it and the rest ran out of money because of that's the point of gambling. Emptying people's wallets.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Does anyone remember the last time somebody tried to mix zombies with stealth and more than one character gameplay? No, thank goodness you managed to get Amy out of your memory, because I wish I did.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I want to laugh, but it's been proven that many people will just buy anything if it has a popular fucking name. I bet some of you here will pre-order it ;-)

I wonder if they are torturing their new team to?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
So Konami decided to shit out a zombie survival game. Then, realized it might not sell and slapped on the Metal Gear name hoping that would help move some copies.

Now, I'm wondering what Kojima is saying about this. Do you think he's laughing or crying?

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
O-Oh... Oh god no...

Konami, all you had to do was remake MGS3 again. You had the assets. You have the Fox Engine. This isn't going to tide fans over until that, this just pisses them off. The secondhand embarrassment is strong here.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I refuse to fucking acknowledge this.

MGS2 was prescient, comparable to Nostradamus in how it foresaw the world of today.

MGS3 was a masterpiece and a true work of art akin to a Kurosawa epic or a Shakesperean tragedy.

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
What a joke. As a long time fan of the MGS series I'm glad that MGSV was the final installment, it's just too bad that it couldn't be completed to it's full potential but atleast it was memorable.
I can only hope that this mess is quickly swept under the rug and forgotten about.

The one good thing I can say about the trailer is that it was nice and short. If it was a Kojima piece, we'd have had 13 minutes of credits before the little bit of action lol.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
trunkage said:
Areloch said:
SlumlordThanatos said:

Supposedly the pachinko scene isn't doing as well as they were hoping, while their gaming divison is still making cash, so they're working their way back into it.
Who knew that raking money out of gambling games would eventually reach a stage where you cant get money out of people anymore? It's like some people realised that the games weren't worth it and the rest ran out of money because of that's the point of gambling. Emptying people's wallets.
Hope the game flops and hope it means the end of this shitty company then I can dream of Kojima or a better company buying MGS and the rest of the IP's.

You deserve death Fuckonami we don't want you, give your IP to someone who actually wont fucking waste it

Cether

Mar 29, 2011
CaptainMarvelous said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Ahhhh, thanks Konami, I needed a laugh.
Ha...hahahaha....ahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I came into this thread to do the exact same thing. Glad I'm not alone in my first response.

benvorbeck

Mar 18, 2011
Everyone is going about this the wrong way. By all these remarks Konami will notice its lack off popularity (or maybe not lol), but still maybe try something else or less budget.

What we all should do is create a hype train and pre order it just to cancel pre orders the day before launch. Come on lets do it!!!

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
benvorbeck said:
Everyone is going about this the wrong way. By all these remarks Konami will notice its lack off popularity (or maybe not lol), but still maybe try something else or less budget.

What we all should do is create a hype train and pre order it just to cancel pre orders the day before launch. Come on lets do it!!!
We have found our leader.

Also, can't wait for this to make the FucKonami news.

vipLink

May 28, 2011
Saltyk said:
So Konami decided to shit out a zombie survival game. Then, realized it might not sell and slapped on the Metal Gear name hoping that would help move some copies.
Nope, I'm sure they just wanted to make some quick cash, so it's the other way round. They have all the Assets from MGS V, they have the name, what game can we quickly make and call it a day? Zombies (no need to hire a team to develop something with depth and story), Co-op (make a few maps, gameplay is just repeatedly doing the same thing on the maps, add a level up feature) and call it an alternate reality.

Easy to hire new staff bc this type of game has been done to death. And I'm sure the statistics the suits we're shown said it'll sell like hot cakes.

Saltyk said:
Now, I'm wondering what Kojima is saying about this. Do you think he's laughing or crying?
He'll be sitting there quietly minding his own business, and when they release to underwhelming reviews, he'll be laughing while he drinks is cup of Konami tears.
Especially when his own game releases, which I so hope for him will be great, just so he can print out good reviews and wipe the Konami execs tears with them.

47_Ronin

Jul 30, 2012
SlumlordThanatos said:

If this article can be trusted, we have a little bit of irony going on. Modern forms of entertainment (such as video games)seem to be pushing out Pachinko and other forms of gambling.

OT: Mr. Sterling is going to have a field day with this.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
MatthewTheDark said:
I'm not even a fan of MGS and have barely touched the series... and I can still tell this zombie survival shit isn't anywhere close to MGS.
Then again, let's be honest:

Metal Gear Rising wasn't either and that was great, receiving much love all-around.

I also realize that I'm playing Devil's Advocate for Konami and it's making me feel skeevy. But we know how these 'zombies' will be explained; nanomachines. Because nanomachines.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Right, make this game about a bunch of 4 player cooperative unknowns fighting off zombies.
It worked great before:

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
To add to predictions, I think they'll have a Mother Base mechanic for the level up, AND since it's a 'survival' game, crafting.
Because crafting is all the rage right now.
Part of me was thinking it would be an open world co-op survival crafting game, but then I read somewhere it wouldn't be a $60 game.

Still, the announcement made me sick if morbidly curious. Definitely not giving Konami my money though.