Konami Confirms "No Chance" of Wii U Castlevania Sequel

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
anthony87 said:
Adam Jensen said:
Wii U is a failure. And I can't say that I'm surprised.
It is? I haven't been keeping up with WiiU news but I figured people would just suck up anything Nintendo these days.
Actually, it has sold 2.21 Million in a period of 2 Months [http://wiiudaily.com/2013/01/data-suggests-wii-u-has-sold-2-million-units-since-launch/]. Since Nintendo wants to sell about 5.5 Million by April, they're already half way there in 1/3rd the time.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Mirror of Fate looks like the best thing to come out of the Lords of Shadows...sub-franchise? Umbrella? Spin-off? Whatever it is. It's too bad I won't be able to play Lord of Shadows 2 on the U but the original left a pretty sour taste in my mouth to begin with.

Lunar Templar said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Hey, You get Bayonetta we get Castlevania. Fair is fair.
I played the first LoS, Wii U owners are getting the better deal there >.>
Sounds about right to me.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
anthony87 said:
Adam Jensen said:
Wii U is a failure. And I can't say that I'm surprised.
It is? I haven't been keeping up with WiiU news but I figured people would just suck up anything Nintendo these days.
It's like you're new to the internet.
Everything Nintendo does is a failure, even if it sells 2 million units in 2 months and it outsells the PS360 in the same launch interval.
Even compared the the Wii sales it's going good, and everyone knows that the Wii sales were just insane.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Beautiful End said:
Eh, I am not surprised. A game released for the PS3, 360 and PC is easy to port from one console to another. Different controllers, better graphics, that's seemingly easy. But to adapt one of those games so that it works with the gimmicky tablet controller from the WiiU sounds like a hassle. They would probably have to redo the whole game from scratch to maybe fit the items menu in there or add some touch screen controllers...

Now, if they were to made a Castlevania game specifically for the WiiU, it would be a completely different story.
I don't think that use of the control pad is compulsory, hence the "pro controller"