Kotick: Activision Blizzard Merger Allows More "Patience"

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
"Allows us to be more patient... with Blizzard's games. We still don't really give a toss about anything else."

And stop calling it Activision Blizzard, damnit! Two different entities - Blizzard, the excellent game design/development studio, and Activision, the soulless, company absorbing, Bobby Kotick driven publisher.

What did Blizzard deserve to get the Activision label stamped on it? They did nothing wrong.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I think people's praise of Blizzard's polish is over-rated... Seriously there needs to be some middle ground between the "it compiled! quick ship it!" policy of some companies and "mmm I think that's everything... oh wait the shoulder pad on that one space marine needs to be fixed, better push the release date back a month" of others.

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
They fired the guy that used to write his statements and hired a new one that actually knows what the heck he's talking about. Just a guess :D

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Spectre4802 said:
What did Blizzard deserve to get the Activision label stamped on it? They did nothing wrong.
They're still Blizzard Entertainment and Activision is still Activision. Only for the purposes of stocks have the two companies merged under the larger company title of "Activision Blizzard". It's already been made abundantly clear that Kotick doesn't have a single damned say in how Blizzard operates and likewise Blizzard doesn't have a say in how Activision operates.

Essentially, Activision looked at Blizzard swiming Scrooge McDuck style in its piles of money and asked nicely if Metzen and crew would let them play in it as well. They said "Sure, but only if you bring yours so our pile is even bigger than it was before." Believe me when I say should it ever come pass that the two would need a "divorce"; Blizzard would get the house and custody of the kids, while Activision would be single again and looking for a new roommate to annoy.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Fronzel said:
we're now in a place where we can really take the time to make sure that we're going to deliver the best games.
Great! When's the first one coming out?
Zing!

OT: Congratulations Kotick you have "achieved" patience. The next step is to gain humility. Join the QA department and test "My Little Pony" for a year.

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
anyone else raise their fists, look to the sky, and yell KOTICK!! everytime they see an article with his name in the title?

Corohan

Mar 11, 2010
malestrithe said:
If Activision is now in a position to be patient when making games, why did they rus out Starcraft II when it was a 3rd of the way finished?

Spare me the whole, "In Multiplayer, you can play all three races" bullshit because there are many people that still do not give two shits and a holler about it.
Not this again.. Starcraft 2 contains more singleplayer missions than the original, the only difference being that they are all Terran.

adrian_exec

Apr 5, 2009
vrbtny said:
...... Bobby Kotick is making sense?

(Looks at the horizon)

"My god. Do i see half-life 2 : Episode 3 coming out within 6-months?"
LOL That made me spill my coffee. Hilarious!

malestrithe said:
If Activision is now in a position to be patient when making games, why did they rus out Starcraft II when it was a 3rd of the way finished?

Spare me the whole, "In Multiplayer, you can play all three races" bullshit because there are many people that still do not give two shits and a holler about it.
You call a sequel that was released 12 years after the original and a game which was announced 3 years ago, as a "rushed" game?!
I know that it would have been 10 times more awesome if we also had the other races campaigns, but I believe it's true when Blizzard stated that it would take too long to develop.

Not to mention that they can learn from the feedback of this first game and improve on the expansions. I hate the fact that I will have to buy future expansions, lets just hope they will be cheaper.

But that's the price we have to pay for top notch games! It was the same case with World of Warcraft back in 2004, fans were whining where are Illidan and Arthas and we got them both in the expansions, to much work to release all at once.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
..Since when does Kotick ever listen to anything beyond the voices in his own skull?

I don't buy it, at least until he actually walks the talk.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
So he's saying he instilled patience into Blizzard's corporate culture? Isn't making shit up fun?

"Hey look, Blizzard has a lot of patience when it comes to getting their games just right before release. Let's act as if we did that, even though it's been like that forever. And whip the rest harder!"

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
malestrithe said:

That was a bullshit ploy to cover up the fact they plan to release the zerg and protoss campaigns as either new dlc, or a completely new expansion.
either way, Actiblizzard can go get fucked... Another four years for diablo III. Arseholes...

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
Spectre4802 said:
They're still Blizzard Entertainment and Activision is still Activision. Only for the purposes of stocks have the two companies merged under the larger company title of "Activision Blizzard". It's already been made abundantly clear that Kotick doesn't have a single damned say in how Blizzard operates and likewise Blizzard doesn't have a say in how Activision operates.

Essentially, Activision looked at Blizzard swiming Scrooge McDuck style in its piles of money and asked nicely if Metzen and crew would let them play in it as well. They said "Sure, but only if you bring yours so our pile is even bigger than it was before." Believe me when I say should it ever come pass that the two would need a "divorce"; Blizzard would get the house and custody of the kids, while Activision would be single again and looking for a new roommate to annoy.[/quote]

Ah, quite right. Good points there, sir.