KOTOR III Would Have Finished Revan's Story

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Eggsnham said:
shintakie10 said:
Hell, does the exile even exist in ToR lore anymore?
Yup, as Meetra Surik, who you're only able to meet in ghost form.

OT: I find this thoroughly depressing.
And that's not even getting into how the Exile got killed off, which made me start thinking that maybe Bioware didn't like her much.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I recently finished KOTOR and probably will start KOTOR II sometime soon. Of course after the ending I started to read up on my Revan to see what happens afterwards. I had always had the idea that maybe the Force would be stronger if it had passion as well and when I was able to do that with the love connection with Shan..... well I had to figure out how love played into the Jedi scene.

I loved what I found with Revan blending light and dark sides of the Force and getting married and all that, but of course TOR kinda just snips Revan's story.

KOTOR 3 would have made a lot more sense. KOTOR games seem to have been exploring some really interesting ideas with the Force through the character of Revan. I would have loved to see that come to fruition when he finally confronts the Uber Sith Emperor. Revan addressing a greater evil and all that jazz.

Honestly, it reminded me a lot of the story of the Warden in DA:O. Like the Warden left to investigate something greater. Loved it.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
JazzJack2 said:
daibakuha said:
Having said that, a lot of people still consider KOTOR 2 to be inferior to the first, mostly because it takes a mod for that game to even have a proper ending.
But even the unmodded ending of KoToR 2 is considerably better than the first KoToR's ending.
What? No, no. I'm the biggest fan of KOTOR 2 on this site next to J.E.F.F.E.R.S and even I won't say that the unmodded KOTOR 2 ending wasn't anything other than a messy, broken dungeon. KOTOR 1's ending had a unique location (The star Forge is really cool), a well thought out boss fight, and a nice homage to the medal ceremony from A New Hope.

The only thing that KOTOR 2's unmodded ending had was Kreia's prophecies about your companions, even fortelling the fall of the Mandalorians at the hand of Mace Windu.
Indeed - I think he's remembering it with nostalgia.

The gameplay in Kotor 2 was awesome - but DEER LORD, did they ever butcher the ending and just never make any sense out of it all. If it hadn't been for that, I would've been heartbroken about this; but because of that mess Obsidian left I really don't feel any want towards a #3 created by them. Bioware has, after Mass Effect 3, also been crossed off my list of anything to get excited about.