L4D2 AI worse?

The_Stairs

Nov 26, 2009
Now i can see the AI having problems with Jockey removal, but now they cant get a smoker off of you when they are standing right in front of you before you incap or die! I know multilayer fixes this but most players don't want to stop to look around and take in the environment.

Mr.Black

Oct 27, 2009
The_Stairs said:
Now i can see the AI having problems with Jockey removal, but now they cant get a smoker off of you when they are standing right in front of you before you incap or die! I know multilayer fixes this but most players don't want to stop to look around and take in the environment.
Mr.Tea said:
Yeah, the AI downright sucks. They now seem to have to run all the way to you to melee you instead of just shooting the Specials off. And they seem to use up medkits pretty fast, plus, they can't use grenade-like items nor pills/adrenaline (As far as I know).

If you want to take in the environment, read the writings on the walls and maybe do the achievements in Dark Carnival, you should just set the difficulty to easy.
Everything the two of you just complained about, the AI does in L4D1.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Mr.Black said:
The_Stairs said:
Mr.Tea said:
Yeah, the AI downright sucks. They now seem to have to run all the way to you to melee you instead of just shooting the Specials off. And they seem to use up medkits pretty fast, plus, they can't use grenade-like items nor pills/adrenaline (As far as I know).

If you want to take in the environment, read the writings on the walls and maybe do the achievements in Dark Carnival, you should just set the difficulty to easy.
Everything the two of you just complained about, the AI does in L4D1.
Yeah just about what he said.

Seems I have nothing else to say. Hmmm... Boobs.

thejrade

Jun 16, 2009
I've noticed it as well, whereas in L4D1 you could still survive with an AI teammate or two, (as long as you weren't on Expert) now it's almost unplayable at any level with any AI Survivors.

I think they were just right in 1, aside from MAYBE being a tiny bit too accurate with the long-range shooting. Now they are way to bad, there needs to me a happy medium.

spyder25000

Apr 28, 2009
What you mean they cant use pills, they bloody use them every time they see them.
Rochell, was on 40 hp, decided to have 2pills, 1 adrenilen, and then she decided to heal up. me and my friend were like WTF?

Mr.Black

Oct 27, 2009
spyder25000 said:
What you mean they cant use pills, they bloody use them every time they see them.
Rochell, was on 40 hp, decided to have 2pills, 1 adrenilen, and then she decided to heal up. me and my friend were like WTF?
ROFL. Classic AI.

The_Stairs

Nov 26, 2009
I didn't have much trouble with the L4D1 AI, rarely would they slow me down or piss me off but maybe its the new elements like new SI's, environment, and the new director. I haven't had problems with AI and throwables besides their shyness to use them, they also seem to like saving their medkits to heal me when i dont want it.

Jun 3, 2009
My only complaints are that they use the medkits on a player way too early and they !@#$ing knock me off ledges.

They did the same with the medkits in the first one, but I don't remember being pushed off the hospital roof. :mad:

ForcastiaBluey

Oct 27, 2009
The AI in L4D2 seems to be about the same as the AI in 1, and that's just the problem. It hasn't been updated at all for the new tactics that 2 wants you to learn so badly. Closing the distance to melee a smoker tongue off you is fine, but it takes a little more than that to get a jockey off.

One time in Swamp Fever I was smoker'd and tied up around a corner, choking to death. All three AIs stood there, looking in my general direction, but not doing anything. I went from 100 HP to 300 "downed" HP, to dead. I guess they couldn't see where the trouble was (wall in the way), but still - if human players get that giant note that says "Hey, dumbass, your friend's in trouble", I figure the computer should know better than that.

The_Stairs

Nov 26, 2009
Yeah i hate getting bounced around but that happens on Campaign too. (really annoying on hard rain)

Destroyman

Sep 17, 2009
The AI does seem to be lacking some intelligence from L4D, most notably in it's ability to be a master sharpshooter. Anytime I've been Jockey'd, Smoker'd, etc, the AI will now run up and and try to knock them off me, instead of shooting them. The sad thing is that they are still better than some players.

The_Stairs

Nov 26, 2009
Destroyman thats not as bad as having AI nick stand in front of you picking off common infected while a smoker chokes you to death listening to your own sobbing and DUN DUN......DUN DUN..................DUN DUN

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
Well, being that I was literally just playing l4d1, I can tell you that the AI is much better then in L4d2. The most I really had to worry about was the morons shooting the witch while I was sneaking up on her a bunch of times (very frustrating)or having impossibly good ain/reaction time, so I never get many special infection kills.