L4D2: are you buying it?

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
so just today i picked up the L4d2 4pack with four freinds of mine. its a steal, 33 dollars per person. anyway, was interested in knowing who else is buying it. post your steamid so we can find each other during the demo and the full release. itll be fun to play with you escapists!

see you in game!

josh,

Steamid: Lionaire

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
We have an Escapist L4D community for that, the details can be found here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.79315]. No doubt that it'll include L4D2 when it'll launch, so I guess you can just join that.

As for your question: eventually, yes I will. I really like L4D, and L4D2 improves a lot on the formula.

GreyEarth

The NightShifter
Dec 4, 2008
Seeing as its banned in Aus-Land, I'll probably have some difficulty getting my hands on it.
Which sucks, cuz I really enjoyed the first L4D

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Nope, it's a sequel to a repetitive zombie shooter of which I couldn't really see the lasting appeal to begin with.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
josh797 said:
so just today i picked up the L4d2 4pack with four freinds of mine. its a steal, 33 dollars per person. anyway, was interested in knowing who else is buying it. post your steamid so we can find each other during the demo and the full release. itll be fun to play with you escapists!

see you in game!

josh,

Steamid: Lionaire
I'm preordering it tomorrow just before it runs out. Can't wait to get the demo.
My id is Daedalus_1942

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
I preordered it, got a USA based SAgoon to gift it to be so it was very cheap for me as european due to dollar:euro conversion.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Beatrix said:
Nope, it's a sequel to a repetitive zombie shooter of which I couldn't really see the lasting appeal to begin with.
The appeal for me, was in the extreme level of cooperativeness required. Ufortunately, most retards don't realise that it's supposed to be a cooperative game, and that you can't play it any other way -.-
This, unfortunately breaks the game.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
First off: Fuck the ESRB.

Second: I suppose us Aussies could download L4D2 and use custom servers, and Valve wouldn't be losing any mony since they won't be selling it over here.

But I hear Valve is submitting an appeal to the ratings board, so we'll see what happens next.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
I would if I wasn't stucked in one of the gaming black holes (Germany), so I got a friend buy the 4-pack after the release instead.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
GreyEarth said:
Seeing as its banned in Aus-Land, I'll probably have some difficulty getting my hands on it.
Which sucks, cuz I really enjoyed the first L4D
Preorder it off steam. Michael Ratkinson's persistence pestilence can't touch you there.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Yes, but not on console for sure. I don't like playing with screaming twelve year olds, no mods, no free content etc.

Sarukin

Mar 16, 2009
I'm gonna try the demo first, if it does impress me like L4D1 did then i'm not gonna buy it

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Didn't a version of L4D2 already pass in Australia? Just minus all the cool stuff.

And I plan to get it when it comes out. The idea of more fleshed out levels in L4D is just too appealing.