LA Noire for PC

lasttom

May 10, 2013
Please could anybody tell me whether I can play LA Noire well, especially as I've installed it on an external hard drive. It does play but it's very sluggish at the lowest of settings, and even gets stuck.The response on- screen is at times minutes after the button is pressed. Would the graphics card crash if I continued or is there some other problem?Could anyone help?Here are my specifications- ACPI x86 based PC,ATI Radeon HD 5400 series display adapter,Generic PnP Monitor, Intel(R)Pentium(R)Dual CPU E2160 @1.80GHz, 3 Gb RAM, 32 Bit System, Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Seeing as you can't run it well surely you know the answer?

You processor is immensely slow, also running extensive programs off an external really won't help but I doubt you'd be able to play it even if it was installed properly.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Your system might be just on the edge of playable but the PC port for this is full of problems that will make any non listed CPU/GPU just perform like ass (even the top end stuff).

Perhaps something on the wiki can help, but you might want to skip this game until you get a new rig.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/LA_Noire

Daft Time

Apr 15, 2013
lasttom said:
Please could anybody tell me whether I can play LA Noire well, especially as I've installed it on an external hard drive. It does play but it's very sluggish at the lowest of settings, and even gets stuck.The response on- screen is at times minutes after the button is pressed. Would the graphics card crash if I continued or is there some other problem?Could anyone help?Here are my specifications- ACPI x86 based PC,ATI Radeon HD 5400 series display adapter,Generic PnP Monitor, Intel(R)Pentium(R)Dual CPU E2160 @1.80GHz, 3 Gb RAM, 32 Bit System, Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
The long and short answer is your rig is much too under powered to play L.A. Noire. Neither your GPU or CPU meets the games minimum requirements. Sorry man. An upgrade to make your PC sufficient for more recent titles wouldn't be too expensive, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Oh, and as another poster mention - don't run games off an external drive if they require any kind of performance. It'll just make the issue worse. That said, you not going to be running L.A. Noire anyway. Just for reference with other games.

lasttom

May 10, 2013
Well, thanks for all the input, fellows.I really needed another perspective on this one.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Mr.K. said:
Your system might be just on the edge of playable but the PC port for this is full of problems that will make any non listed CPU/GPU just perform like ass (even the top end stuff).

Perhaps something on the wiki can help, but you might want to skip this game until you get a new rig.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/LA_Noire
^This. Also, there seems to be a part in the story that is totally screwed, you have to follow some guy or chick (was ages ago) and they always seem to notice you, no matter what you do. I played it for a while and tried it again and again with all kinds of different things, but just couldn't get past it, not sure if I missed something, but if you ask me, it was just a bug, which kinda halted the story at one point :(