LA Noire Sequel Will Have New Tech, But Won't Take as Long to Make

beema

Aug 19, 2009
This industry is really starting to make me want to barf more and more.
La Noire came out a fracking week ago, and we are already seeing news stories about a sequel?

STOPPIT!

holy_secret

Nov 2, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
I think a sequel is a bad idea. Cole's story was pretty wrapped up since
Cole dies saving Elsa and Kelso
, so the sequel will probably follow
Kelso
, but he just doesn't have the bipolar charm that Cole did.

Besides, LA Noire is a whole new type of game...leaving it without a sequel would have given it that special...thing.

Eh, I'm unable to articulate my thoughts today.
Why did I press the spoilers tag? WHY??? I just started playing the game. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
holy_secret said:
Kopikatsu said:
I think a sequel is a bad idea. Cole's story was pretty wrapped up since
Cole dies saving Elsa and Kelso
, so the sequel will probably follow
Kelso
, but he just doesn't have the bipolar charm that Cole did.

Besides, LA Noire is a whole new type of game...leaving it without a sequel would have given it that special...thing.

Eh, I'm unable to articulate my thoughts today.
Why did I press the spoilers tag? WHY??? I just started playing the game. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
All I really have to say is...curiosity killed the cat?

If it makes you feel better, I was spoiled, too. I know that happens, but I'm only on the first Vice case.

MiracleOfSound said:
Sober Thal said:
MORE!!!

Just work on the female faces.

And the hair. Crappy hair. It would be nice to be able to see some women with their hair down.
That's the hair style that pretty much all women had back then. Now, don't get me wrong, I think it's unspeakably ugly, but...at least Summer's corpse had her hair down, and it didn't look too bad.

chuckey

Oct 9, 2010
If they add the euphoria engine in the next game I'll be happy. GTA 4 and RDR spoiled me with the physics of people falling over realistically.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
kayisking said:
Dulcinea said:
Ian Caronia said:
Not to be personal, but unlike games being considered art (YES!), how is a game being considered at a film festival "honorable"? I'm sure you meant that in a positive light, but it kind of came off like the game should be honored for resembling a different medium.

Anyway, I'd just like to add: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW REEEEAAALLLYY?! The game JUST CAME OUT! They're having tech issues (which Rockstar apparently refuses to acknowledge) with it still! A sequel? Really?

I think this is proof enough why the ending was the way it was to LA Noire (stupid f**king spelling annoys the crap out of *grumble*). So, yeah. No. I won't buy back the copy I returned on the chance the game will fry my fat PS3. I already have enough sequel crap to deal with in gaming. I'm not falling for this shit again.

...However I can at least be happy for those who felt extremely jilted at the end of the game. There's no DLC so far (I don't think), but there IS a sequel for you! Let's hope it's not the ODST kind of sequel...
Took the words right out of my mouth, you did.
Uhm... I'm sorry but what is a ODST sequel?

OT: I think this is great news, I love L.A noire and I would be stoked if it turned into a franchise.
Halo 3 ODST has become a reference point in gaming for the perfect example of greed and overpricing with pseudo "sequels" (much like Horse Armor). ODST is a game that was sold for 60 bucks but was (as stated over and over) originally intended as DLC for Halo 3. At the time reviewers like IGN and Gamespot, big name ones, loved it. In reality it was a pile of confused crap (except for the firefight multiplayer mode from what I hear).

By referencing ODST when talking about a sequel, what you're saying is, "I hope this doesn't turn out to be an overpriced and overhyped waste of my time that people will "love" for the month it comes out, only to "admit" to disliking/hating it the next month."

===+ The More You Know! :D

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Ian Caronia said:
kayisking said:
Dulcinea said:
Ian Caronia said:
Not to be personal, but unlike games being considered art (YES!), how is a game being considered at a film festival "honorable"? I'm sure you meant that in a positive light, but it kind of came off like the game should be honored for resembling a different medium.

Anyway, I'd just like to add: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW REEEEAAALLLYY?! The game JUST CAME OUT! They're having tech issues (which Rockstar apparently refuses to acknowledge) with it still! A sequel? Really?

I think this is proof enough why the ending was the way it was to LA Noire (stupid f**king spelling annoys the crap out of *grumble*). So, yeah. No. I won't buy back the copy I returned on the chance the game will fry my fat PS3. I already have enough sequel crap to deal with in gaming. I'm not falling for this shit again.

...However I can at least be happy for those who felt extremely jilted at the end of the game. There's no DLC so far (I don't think), but there IS a sequel for you! Let's hope it's not the ODST kind of sequel...
Took the words right out of my mouth, you did.
Uhm... I'm sorry but what is a ODST sequel?

OT: I think this is great news, I love L.A noire and I would be stoked if it turned into a franchise.
Halo 3 ODST has become a reference point in gaming for the perfect example of greed and overpricing with pseudo "sequels" (much like Horse Armor). ODST is a game that was sold for 60 bucks but was (as stated over and over) originally intended as DLC for Halo 3. At the time reviewers like IGN and Gamespot, big name ones, loved it. In reality it was a pile of confused crap (except for the firefight multiplayer mode from what I hear).

By referencing ODST when talking about a sequel, what you're saying is, "I hope this doesn't turn out to be an overpriced and overhyped waste of my time that people will "love" for the month it comes out, only to "admit" to disliking/hating it the next month."

===+ The More You Know! :D
Because knowing is half the battle!