Lament For The Fallen (Banned)

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Zeel said:
Also, I WHOLE HEARTILY disagree with 'insulting' being worse than image macros/low content post. Whenever insults are thrown is because the person deserves it, aka acting like a massive idiot.

Where as low content posting and image macroin' is a clear sign of an unoriginal, unfunny jackass.
That I actually can understand. Idiots be gone!

Oh? You're the famous Zeel? The same Zeel that made the forums erupt over Mass Effect 3?

Nice to meet you. You don't seem like that bad of a guy.

OT- I feel sad that I know all of them. And people forgot about cotss2012 and Regnes? Regnes was awesome, and cotss was hilarious at times.

I do believe that some people were unjustly banned, but most of them deserved it. I'm not going to go into it as I don't wanna be banned. See ya!

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I notice a lack of MaxTheReaper on that list. He was mighty prolific back when I joined.

I kinda miss Vault101's grammatically awful posts, but only kinda. She was alright.

Daystar Clarion said:
If the mods ban you, they basically have a revolution on their hands.

[sub][sub]Which I shall be a part of...[/sub][/sub]

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
rokkolpo said:
I remember Max the Reaper, Furbert and Julianking.

Those guys were HUGE.....what happened to Neonbob? Is he still still around?
Neither JulianKing93 or Neonbob have been banned. Neonbob has posted today and Julian was last on yesterday.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Me personally? I'm glad to see that the ban hammer's still strong and that the moderators are trying to keep tings sane and clean around here. Truth be told, the harshness of the mods is what attracted me to these forums in the first place. Hell I remember it used to be that you would usually see three to four bans a thread. It made the site civil and the people intelligent, I'm still of the old thinking and I believe that the forum health meter should go, and the old harshness return. Having said that I can see why they put it in place, mercy should be a virtue. I am a little sad to see Vault 101 go mind you, I really liked her avatar.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
I don't care how controversial they were, I miss Danyal and Boudica. They had interesting things to say. And of course, Matthew94 and Vault101 will be missed by all. And while I can't really say I'll miss him, I don't really think Katatori-Kun's post was all that ban worthy. I guess in the end, people's reactions really did mean more than the intent of the words.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Zeel said:
Also, I WHOLE HEARTILY disagree with 'insulting' being worse than image macros/low content post. Whenever insults are thrown is because the person deserves it, aka acting like a massive idiot.

Where as low content posting and image macroin' is a clear sign of an unoriginal, unfunny jackass.

I'm going to have to totally disagree. Out of my three years here, I've seen only a few dozen or so times when people got insults thrown at them because they weren't being too bright.

I would also say that nobody really deserves to be insulted, doesn't matter if they are being a "massive idiot" or not. All you have to do is politely tell them why they are wrong, or just move along if you can't.

I've had insults thrown at me several times, and in every case it was when I made a calm and logical response(with proof) to tell someone how they were thinking incorrectly or that I just disagreed with their views.

More often than not most insults I've seen are thrown at the people that respond in calm and logical ways.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
madwarper said:
To me, it is. Whenever I write a post that I think might attract mod wrath, I follow my own advice. Either try to reword it so it's safe, or I simply let the matter drop. If I can't make a point without being rude, then I reckon it's not a point worth making.
Okay, but I've gotten 3 warnings, and none were for being "rude".

Low content posts, mentioning the T word, revealing that you've pirated stuff before, these and more can land you a warning. Sometimes things that are said jokingly can get you into trouble too because the mods can't always tell you aren't being serious.

I'm guessing you're already aware of all this, but if not you should know, you do have to be pretty careful.

madwarper said:
you make it seem like violating the CoC is inevitable when you post often. I know for a fact that's false.
I'm not saying it's inevitable, but your odds certainly increase if you post more often. That's basically a statistical fact.

Completely avoiding violations is certainly possible, even with a high post count, but we all make mistakes, we're human beings.
T-Word!? ... Titties? Teabagging? Transvestite?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Keoul said:
the only thing I really noticed about Vault was their poor spelling and grammar, funny chap. The others I never really encountered.

Wonder if Daystar would ever get the ban, now that would be a national tragedy.
Yeah, that always bugged me a bit about her. But we always had fun conversations.

And if Daystar ever got banned then half the forum would probably go up in smoke.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Cheesepower5 said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
madwarper said:
To me, it is. Whenever I write a post that I think might attract mod wrath, I follow my own advice. Either try to reword it so it's safe, or I simply let the matter drop. If I can't make a point without being rude, then I reckon it's not a point worth making.
Okay, but I've gotten 3 warnings, and none were for being "rude".

Low content posts, mentioning the T word, revealing that you've pirated stuff before, these and more can land you a warning. Sometimes things that are said jokingly can get you into trouble too because the mods can't always tell you aren't being serious.

I'm guessing you're already aware of all this, but if not you should know, you do have to be pretty careful.

madwarper said:
you make it seem like violating the CoC is inevitable when you post often. I know for a fact that's false.
I'm not saying it's inevitable, but your odds certainly increase if you post more often. That's basically a statistical fact.

Completely avoiding violations is certainly possible, even with a high post count, but we all make mistakes, we're human beings.
T-Word!? ... Titties? Teabagging? Transvestite?
Part of the CoC is that calling another user a Troll is something that gives you a warning

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Zeel said:

YOU!

How'd YOU get back in here?

Back on your topic: Not really. Some things are just easier to explain with a picture as a supplement, you know, "picture, worth a thousand words" and all that jazz. Besides, as I recall your definition of a person "deserving [being insulted]" was "they disagreed with you, regardless of how good their reasons".

Dec 14, 2009
Zen Toombs said:
Keoul said:
the only thing I really noticed about Vault was their poor spelling and grammar, funny chap. The others I never really encountered.

Wonder if Daystar would ever get the ban, now that would be a national tragedy.
Yeah, that always bugged me a bit about her. But we always had fun conversations.

And if Daystar ever got banned then half the forum would probably go up in smoke.
Bernzz said:
I notice a lack of MaxTheReaper on that list. He was mighty prolific back when I joined.

I kinda miss Vault101's grammatically awful posts, but only kinda. She was alright.

Daystar Clarion said:
If the mods ban you, they basically have a revolution on their hands.

[sub][sub]Which I shall be a part of...[/sub][/sub]
I think you guys grossly overestimate my importance to this place.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Offworlder said:
I remember there was that Max guy (can't remember the full username) when I first started on here. He was a writer as I recall, and he had a tonne of posts. Then he got banned for...something, I remember he was there one day then he wasn't. Not sure if people lamented, back a few people mentioned him over time, the memories aren't clear, it was a while ago.
Max The Reaper, all these darn new posters wouldn't remember him :p

chiggerwood said:
Me personally? I'm glad to see that the ban hammer's still strong and that the moderators are trying to keep tings sane and clean around here. Truth be told, the harshness of the mods is what attracted me to these forums in the first place. Hell I remember it used to be that you would usually see three to four bans a thread. It made the site civil and the people intelligent, I'm still of the old thinking and I believe that the forum health meter should go, and the old harshness return. Having said that I can see why they put it in place, mercy should be a virtue. I am a little sad to see Vault 101 go mind you, I really liked her avatar.
This place used to be ridiculously iron fisted in 2008 - 2009. It was both a blessing and a curse, as you couldn't slip for even a single post. Though, I do agree, and without trying to sound like an uppity snobbish prick, that the general caliber of poster was higher. Or rather, they were forced to be higher.

There were no meme images or reaction gifs floating around, posting those would get you warned or banned temporarily. Now they're everywhere.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I recognize two of those names! I don't post enough to get attention so I can't see myself joining that wall... granted I'd probably never make a name for myself since I will not post in the controversial threads :p

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Daystar, I like you. I generally agree with your opinions when you post and you got a cool Amaterasu avatar. However, I'll admit, I never truly understood the obsession with you on this forum :p

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I'm not even sure how it's possible to get banned on these forums.

Just don't be a dick. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Whatever you say, my lord and savior.

In all seriousness though, you are pretty important. but the bigger thing would be the symbol - that a poster of your classiness is not welcome here. i've got plenty of other things to do with my time, and if i can't see awesome people being awesome, i don't see the point of spending my time here.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I miss Vault, for some reason we kept ending up in the same threads, I never thought vault as rude or that inflammatory, spelling and grammar could've used a little work, but it was very legible. Other than that, i've not really noticed many other people who've been banned