Lament For The Fallen (Banned)

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Neronium said:
I didn't mention vee cause I sometimes talk to her on Skype.
Marik2 said:
I'd be sad glad if you got banned.
Ah I can too, I thought you were referring to her being on the site. But yeah I do see Ren from time to time in the FG section, but in the old sunk threads.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Neronium said:
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Neronium said:
I didn't mention vee cause I sometimes talk to her on Skype.
Marik2 said:
I'd be sad glad if you got banned.
Ah I can too, I thought you were referring to her being on the site. But yeah I do see Ren from time to time in the FG section, but in the old sunk threads.
Which reminds me that I haven't been doing my job in about a year now...

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
What about Akratus? I can't say he didn't deserve his ban, but whenever him and SajuukKhar were in the same thread (and they were, always) it became an infinitely more entertaining read.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.273853-I-cant-wrap-my-head-around-this-word-problem#10586827

i suddenly feel honored to have had some of those people post in my thread >_>

anyways, I will miss Vault101's gifs. They always gave me a smile

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
My contribution to the graveyard are SikOseph [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/SikOseph] and Zeeky_Santos [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Zeeky_Santos]. And Darth Mobius, but his account was deleted. And a few others from Warcry that I'm too lazy to look for. Sorry if this is a little late.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
bobmus said:
Well the main ban that sucked as far as I was concerned was Matthew94, but I still chat to him on Steam anyway so it's been no big deal in the long run. :)

It's the natural flow of things - you either get banned before you grow tired, or live long enough to slowly get sick of the forums.
Where have you been man! I thought you were banned or something!

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Evil Smurf said:
bobmus said:
Well the main ban that sucked as far as I was concerned was Matthew94, but I still chat to him on Steam anyway so it's been no big deal in the long run. :)

It's the natural flow of things - you either get banned before you grow tired, or live long enough to slowly get sick of the forums.
Heh, hey Smurf :D

To be honest, mostly I've been playing TF2! I still pop into the Brovengers a few times a week, but voice chat has kind of replaced my need to forum quite so much :)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
bobmus said:
Evil Smurf said:
bobmus said:

Heh, hey Smurf :D

To be honest, mostly I've been playing TF2! I still pop into the Brovengers a few times a week, but voice chat has kind of replaced my need to forum quite so much :)
Voice chat with me some time, I have a new computer and everything!

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Ah, Necro, Carl ad Khell. Necro was always angry, Carl lost the faith and Khell...I can't really remember.
Others I recall Richard Groovy Pants, now there was a one. If you were on his right side, then he was awesome...if you weren't then he let you know. And Eggo, but I recall that guy mostly being a little tiny bit like a certain fascist dictator, of the PC Master Race.

Your Gaffer

Oct 10, 2012
The only thing I think is pretty screwed up is how "low content" posts work here. I have seen posts with a few words that contain more "content" than posts with three paragraphs, but sometimes those posts get tagged. It is something that desperately needs to be changed.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Lionsfan said:
tangoprime said:
Devoneaux said:
Meh, not to be a total stickler, but Mortai and Boudica got what they deserved, both of them were quite irritating on a lot of fronts. Boudica in particular in the way where she would completely ignore valid points in a given post in favor of cherry picking components that agree with her assertions was incredibly annoying.
Had to quote you on this. Of the list, I distinctly remember those two, and how I celebrated their bans. Of particular memory was Boudica's staunch multi-page defense (and thread hijacking) of how Hitler was a great leader who just happened to be a leader at the wrong place and time and that's what set him up for failure. Mortai... I can't remember any specifics, but seeing that screen name makes me a little angry for some reason, lol.
Had to quote you on this.
False, no one made you quote anybody

Of the list, I distinctly remember those two, and how I celebrated their bans.
Wow, show's a lot of empathy for users

Of particular memory was Boudica's staunch multi-page defense (and thread hijacking) of how Hitler was a great leader who just happened to be a leader at the wrong place and time and that's what set him up for failure.
So just because someone has a different opinion than you, they should get banned? Funny how that works

Mortai... I can't remember any specifics, but seeing that screen name makes me a little angry for some reason, lol.
Nice to see a username get's a reaction out of you. Reported

/Mortai'd
Ha!
Oh my god, that was so perfect!

You should do impressions more often.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I like how forum celebrities of yesteryear are no longer mentioned in these lists. Reminds me of how useless the pursuit of the title really is. I only remember one banned member personally. [user]Swollen Goat[/user] was funny before he got so bitter.
"Fame" and "glory" is fleeting. Only those whose actions truly make an impact continue to be remembered.

OT: I remember many of the people mentioned in this thread. Some of them were friends of mine. But now they are gone, as are many others who I knew when I first joined these smelly forums nearly 3 years ago. Some might say I too am on that list of long gone people, if it weren't for posts like this where I pop back up for a second to say "I'm still here, lurking."

<3

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Yureina said:
Some might say I too am on that list of long gone people, if it weren't for posts like this where I pop back up for a second to say "I'm still here, lurking."

<3
I'm glad you're still around! :D

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Yureina said:
Some might say I too am on that list of long gone people, if it weren't for posts like this where I pop back up for a second to say "I'm still here, lurking."

<3
Me too. Being gone is boring, whereas being around has so many opportunities. :p

Nice avvy, by the way. :eek:

By the way, some of those people on that banned list asked for their bans. I don't mean that in the sense that they deserved what they got, but that they actually asked a mod to ban them. Those people, technically, are not permabanned. :eek:

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Yureina said:
Redlin5 said:
Yureina said:

<3
Me too. Being gone is boring, whereas being around has so many opportunities. :p

By the way, some of those people on that banned list asked for their bans. I don't mean that in the sense that they deserved what they got, but that they actually asked a mod to ban them. Those people, technically, are not permabanned. :eek:
I've suspended myself for academic purposes in the past. Controlling the addiction and stuff. Some people just get their accounts banned because they're sick of the place, not because of anything they've done themselves. I know of a few people who requested for bans that way. They can still come back but whether they want to or not is a good question...

Nice avvy, by the way. :eek:
Just getting in the spirit of the season. ;)

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Drathnoxis said:
the more to remember them by in a single thread the better.
I see a long list of former enemies on here.

And sadness, as there are a number of friends on that list too.

It's like the memorial wall in Mass Effect 3 =\