Lamest game ending

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
The first Devil May Cry and the reason why is not necessarily the story (not great but at least your expectations weren't high) but that utterly pointless bit with the biplane. WTH was the point in that!!!

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Mortal Kombat: Armaggeddon!
Usually fighting games reward gamers with a nice CG video or some artwork depicting the characters fate. But not this one, baby! In MK:A you just see your fighter performing a weird kata while a voice-over narrates your characters fate (AND they tend to be really lame stories...)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Yureina said:
Fallout: New Vegas.

You can totally tell that they put an ending upon that game because they are going to make some DLC later on. Its disgusting. >_<
I do agree that it's obvious there'll be DLC for it in the future. I base that on the fact there are dead end sites like the north tunnel, which lead to (I can only assume) area 51 or some other fun place in that region. As for the ending, it was okay, I like how they took the Suikoden approach and told you what happened to every faction and important character.

Now if you want a lame ending, go back in time to like, say, Tomb Raider 1. Check this out, F*ing win here :p

nub the samurai

Jul 12, 2010
Assassin's Creed 2. It was so bad that I immediately said WTF.
It pretty much pulls an Indiana Jones and introduces aliens right at the last minute

dncarolyn

May 18, 2010
I actually loved the ending of Fable 2. It was very unexpected, and being able to actually choose your destiny was a refreshing change from other games.

For lamest ending, I'm going with Ezio's ending in AC2. I accept that Desmond's story has a place in the series but Ezio deserved his own ending too. I thought the ending of Bonfire of the Vanities was much more fitting than the actual ending.

Balls Mandingo

Apr 15, 2009
Clive Barkers Jericho. [Spoilers below]

You finally reach the final boss, thinking "I just fought through tons of Clive Barker horrors, I'm sure the boss is gonna look bitchin" only to find out that the dream sequence guy you saw in the very beginning was in fact the final boss, and he basically looks like a big black baby.

Then 2 of your team mates are instantly killed by him because he has special mind blow-ey up-ey powers, but apparently he can only use them twice because that's the only logical reason he wouldn't use it to defeat the whole team, making 2 main character deaths a result of bad game design than any relevant gameplay or plot elements

"Well maybe the final fight will be somewhat intuitive right?" Wrong. He just takes each team mates powers and uses them against you one by one, so all you have to do is jump to the next person and use their powers until he's finally beaten

"Ooookay my optimism is almost entirely gone. Maybe the ending cutscene is good?" Again, wrong. You jump into the water, swim back through the cave you came in, and then you reach the surface and look at the sky. And that's it. Game's over after that. No further explanations or clarifications just an ending that can best be described as the game writing equivalent of the game designer flashing a picture of his anus on the screen after you beat the game.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
For me it would have to be:

Clive Barkers Jerico

I mean, what the hell?
You go through all that shit together and just like that the final boss comes strutting in and blows up two of your characters.
While I had no love for the guy who just uses other peoples powers, I loved playing as the shy, paranoid, innocent and yet unimanginably Smart Cole.

<spoiler=And he just blew her up>

And then after the fight what happens???

You go for a swim and suddenly end up in the middle of an ocean without one clue as to what the fuck is going on......and then that's it, game over.

That really irritated me and now just for writing this down I have found I'm pissed all over again.
Thanks for that Clive Barker.......Thanks!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
tempted to say Soul Reaver 2, but since the story was actualy ended in the next game, LoK: Defiance, not gonna harp on it to bad

Paracite eve 1,
AFTER beating the Chrysler building boss -.-,
and PE2 endings kinda sucked to

Shin Megami Tensei, Digital Devil Saga 1 an 2, but mostly 2s

FFX2, the whole game really >.> but the ending was particularly ass tastic

secert of evermore -.- sighs,

Devil May Cry 2 .... -.- least 3 made up for it

and FF 8, for making the least sense of any ending i've seen

not jumping on the halo2, fable2 NWN2 band wagon cause never played them :D,

AwesomePeanutz

Aug 17, 2010
Enemy Of The State said:
Medal of Honor...

Seriously, after all that,
Rabbit dies just as the evac chopper arrives...
I LOVED the ending to Medal of Honor. It's not a "happliy ever after" kthxbai ending. It gives a sense of realism that not everything ends happily, and the good guys don't always live. People usually do die waiting for evac choppers to arrive, especially in the wars in the Mid-East.

Richard Hannay

Nov 30, 2009
AfroNinja117 said:
I have to say, Mirror's Edge has by far the worst ending ever, of all time.
I'd think the worst game ending of all time would have to be memorably bad. Mirror's Edge's entire story was so vague and lazy that the game didn't really even still register as an actual narrative by the time I got to the end.

It's the sort of game that makes you not only not care about the story, but forget that there ever was one in first place.

Okay, maybe you're right after all, cause on paper (screen) that sounds pretty bad.

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
Quick and easy: which game you've played has got the lamest ending to it?

For me personally it was Fable 2. You have somewhat of a big fight with a whole bunch of annoying dudes, then it carries on and you finally win by killing a guy who dies with one attack. It's very anticlimactic.
That was pretty bad... but sadly we will never forget Dead Rising...
*EDIT* Or Halo 2 (stupid cliffhanger ending!).
*ANOTHER EDIT* Oh yeah, Dead Rising had "graded" endings and this one was for A.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBmh3W87dMk

cybran

Jun 15, 2010
Valkaris said:
cybran said:
Valkaris said:
Warcraft 3, so anticlimactic...
Seriously though I would have to say Sins of a Solar Empire
How can you call warcraft 3 ending bad ??
If your being highly sarcastic you can.
Ah, sorry. I missed the "seriously though" thingie =P

I was too shocked with "warcraft 3, anticlimatic"

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
HT_Black said:
The ending from ME2. Not only is it the point where the game abruptly stops being good, it's so stupid and pointless that it causes a virtual singularity that rewrites time so that the rest of the game sucks as well. Seriously...what were they thinking?
It depends on how shittily you did. I'm guessing your entire team got slaughtered and you're blaming the game for it.

OT: KotOR II. I swear that game was still in alpha.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Fallout 3, not because you couldn't play sans DLC (though that was a little annoying) but because, unless you sacrificed yourself, you got criticised for it. I have a perfectly good robot/ghoul/super mutant here who will not be effected by the mass radiation - why should I sacrifice myself when I can send them in to do the job without even a scratch on them?! Then the nice narrator at the end tells me how RL3 is the real hero. Pah! Love the game though.

Also FFXIII. Just meh.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Super Toast said:
HT_Black said:
The ending from ME2. Not only is it the point where the game abruptly stops being good, it's so stupid and pointless that it causes a virtual singularity that rewrites time so that the rest of the game sucks as well. Seriously...what were they thinking?
It depends on how shittily you did. I'm guessing your entire team got slaughtered and you're blaming the game for it.

OT: KotOR II. I swear that game was still in alpha.
No, actually; everyone got out, I banged Tali, and I told the Illusive Man to sit and spin until he couldn't see straight. The problem was
that it concluded with a 2-bit morality preaching bit that made no sense in the context of the story; and this is after the BLAM boss where you fight a gigantic robotic fetus inside a big phallic spaceship run by insects. Those two, taken together, make the game's ending stupid and groan-inducing. I'm a long-time Bioware fanboy, and even I know that's a load of B.S.

Are you really telling me that's nothing worth noticing?