Langdell Resigns From IGDA Board of Directors

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Amnestic said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Geuss he didn't want to deal with the controversy anymore. Better to go out while your still on top I geuss.
Less 'on top' and more 'before he's dug an even deeper hole'.
Well, you can only go so far down below ground before you hit a layer of sediment and can't go any further.
or hit china

Langdell loves himself some Kung Pao

SharedProphet said:
His email signatures will just change to "Former Member, Board of Directors, IGDA".
lol, if that happens, he will officially reach evil genius supervillain status

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
scnj said:
That picture makes him look really smug. I want to punch it.

It's also good to see he has less authority. Now if someone could take that Edge trademark from him...
You mean you haven't destroyed your monitor yet? I can't actually see anything on my monitor now since I destroyed it way back in July. I have to print the internet out and type blindly.

At least people will have somewhere to complain to about this guy now that he's no longer on the board.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
I like how this IGDA organisation has become newsworthy when most of us didn't have a clue that it existed and many developers didn't seem to think much of it beforehand anyway.
I knew about it, but that's because I know people who belong to the Boston chapter of it and attend a lot of the gatherings they hold monthly.

It was amusing at last month's meeting because, while nobody there was a fan of Langdell by any means the people running the meeting didn't want to say anything too ill about him. Needless to say though the tone about it was obviously "yeah we hate this guy for being a total sleaze, please help us get rid of him if you're in the IGDA"

Macar

Jun 16, 2009
The end of an era. Old papa Landel will certainly be missed by those who learned so much from him, he was always a source of inspiration to young aspiring sleezeball hacks.

:p

wbrimleh

Sep 3, 2009
He's got 2 kids...and I'm sure the nuts don't fall too far from the tree. Warn everyone away from Langdells!

roskelld

Aug 17, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Geuss he didn't want to deal with the controversy anymore. Better to go out while your still on top I geuss.
Far from it.

He's done plenty of damage since leaving the IGDA.
http://chaosedge.wordpress.com/