Laptop keyboard issue

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
I can't find an answer to this anywhere, so my last resort is to ask here. My G and S keys have come off completely, so I have to use an irritating on screen keyboard. I can't shell out money for a new laptop, but is there any way I can get this repaired/do something about it? I lost all the G pieces, but I have the S pieces in the picture below.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
you can sometimes still use keys if you hit the spaces hard enough. I'm missing 7 keys on mine and can usually still type stuff out. And if all else fails, you can plug in a usb keyboard. But If you can send them in to be replaced or fixed I'd like to know, so I'm bookmarking this page.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Bobic said:
And now the ghostbusters theme is stuck in my head. Thanks.
I didn't even notice I was wearing that...

Hollock said:
you can sometimes still use keys if you hit the spaces hard enough. I'm missing 7 keys on mine and can usually still type stuff out. And if all else fails, you can plug in a usb keyboard. But If you can send them in to be replaced or fixed I'd like to know, so I'm bookmarking this page.
Yea that's what I do, but I need S for a few games.

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
I can't find an answer to this anywhere, so my last resort is to ask here. My G and S keys have come off completely, so I have to use an irritating on screen keyboard. I can't shell out money for a new laptop, but is there any way I can get this repaired/do something about it? I lost all the G pieces, but I have the S pieces in the picture below.

Contact the manufacturer and have them send you a new keyboard. You can install it in like 2 minutes. Or if you're technically inept you can send it to them. Unless you have a mac, in that case: HA!!!

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
That happened to me and I just pushed'em back on. Maybe it only works with some models.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Limzz said:
InnerRebellion said:

Contact the manufacturer and have them send you a new keyboard. You can install it in like 2 minutes. Or if you're technically inept you can send it to them. Unless you have a mac, in that case: HA!!!
I got em back on myself, but thanks.