Large Hadron Collider May Prove Parallel Universes Exist By Spring

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
While I don't claim to know how all that is supposed to work... I am jazzed up about the possible existence of parallel universes. Not sure what we're going to do with the information, though...

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
This will be cool if it does. I've always been skeptical of the multiverse hypothesis for the simple fact that it's really freaking hard to test for something like that.

Also, have I mentioned that it's insane the things we can learn by smashing things into each other?

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Jeeze, holes to other dimensions? That actually makes this guy sound just a tiny bit sane. Just a tiny bit.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
now I haven't read up too much on this before, but what SHOULD we expect to find if this is "true"? Realistically, will be able to do anything with it in the near future besides say "oh, cool, we can prove this."
probably not

but really I imagine most inovations are based upon things that don't have much immediate "use"
Signa said:
I'm claiming Satans Satrgate for my band

I'm going to form a band for that sole purpose

ghalleon0915

Feb 23, 2014
This will be very interesting to follow, and if the results are as expected would be a huge step in progressing the unified field theory, I would think. I wonder what unintended effect (if any) could result that may lead to other discoveries? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Ukomba said:
summon dragons to take over the world.
Yes, please.

And besides, to quote Calvin from C&H a little loosely: "It's not like humans are doing such a bang up job anyway."

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
FalloutJack said:
gmaverick019 said:
now I haven't read up too much on this before, but what SHOULD we expect to find if this is "true"? Realistically, will be able to do anything with it in the near future besides say "oh, cool, we can prove this."
You've seen Sliders, right? Oh, the possibilities... Mwa ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!!
{citation needed}

I don't know what sliders is :-(
Small finger foods served with your drink at a bar. Some places call them "tapas".

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
but... but...
Last time they used the GiantHardOnCollider and talked about "maybe" opening a BlackHole the world went mad and thought we were all going to die!!!

Case in point!!

AND NOW THEY WANT TO OPEN SMALL BLACKK HOLES??!?!
This does not make sense, even a Chewbacka on Endor makes more snese >:,(

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
I'm guessing not, until someone sees something unforeseen and something totally unexpected pops up. That's generally the way these things happen.

And Man

May 12, 2014
So, I looked into this more, and I found a [url = http://backreaction.blogspot.com/2015/03/no-lhc-will-not-make-contact-with.html] post [/url] by a woman that used to work on the LHC in which she claims that this isn't at all plausible because the model used by the authors of the paper which suggests the parallel universe connection isn't valid:

In summary: The authors work in a framework that combines rainbow gravity with a lowered Planck scale, which is already ruled out. They derive bounds on black hole production using existing data analysis that does not apply in the framework they use. The main conclusion that Planck length effects should suppress black hole production at the LHC is correct, but this has been known since 10 years at least. None of this has anything to do with parallel universes.
So I'm not gonna buy into the hype and just gonna remain skeptical about all of this until the LHC is actually run again, and see how it works out.

Dec 10, 2012
Excellent! A Multiverse! I can't wait to travel to these parallel worlds and kill my alternate selves, thus gaining their power and becoming an evil superbeing! Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Diablo2000 said:
Rex Dark said:
So... If they do prove paralel universes exist...
Who's gonna invade who first?
The evil version of us wih the goatees, of course. Who else?
Us, of course.
Wait... Are you saying we're not the evil versions?

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Rex Dark said:
Diablo2000 said:
Rex Dark said:
Us, of course.
There's a lack of goatees and mustaches... Because that's how you diferenciate the good you from the evil you.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Diablo2000 said:
Rex Dark said:
Diablo2000 said:
Rex Dark said:
Us, of course.
There's a lack of goatees and mustaches... Because that's how you diferenciate the good you from the evil you.
I thought it was the lack of hair...
Like Doctor Evil... Or Lex Luthor.
Or me.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Rex Dark said:
Diablo2000 said:
Rex Dark said:
Diablo2000 said:
Rex Dark said:
Us, of course.
I thought it was the lack of hair...
Like Doctor Evil... Or Lex Luthor.
Or me.
I know the struggle, bro. I know the struggle... *Hugs virtually*

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Vault101 said:
Signa said:
I'm claiming Satans Satrgate for my band

I'm going to form a band for that sole purpose
It's a great title, isn't it?

I have to post that video each time the LHC is mentioned. I'm not smart enough to comment intelligently on the process or the articles, so I just go for crazy instead!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I have nothing to contribute. That's cool. I love learning for the sake of learning.

Sep 14, 2009
TheVampwizimp said:
Excellent! A Multiverse! I can't wait to travel to these parallel worlds and kill my alternate selves, thus gaining their power and becoming an evil superbeing! Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!
love that movie, pretty much what I thought of right away as well.