Largest number of enemies you've ever faced at once?

Svizzara

Mar 18, 2009
What is the largest number of enemies you've ever had to fight at once in a game?

Mine must be the massive horde of Grims that hatch in the streets of Chicago, in Resistance 2. They're pretty useless when their numbers are few, but when they number in the hundreds... wow.

sentrosi

Feb 22, 2009
Mine would be either that part in bioshock with the crazy awesome music and waves of splicers coming at you (didnt count how many were there) or in assassin's creed i killed about 35 guards without leaving combat by slowly walking around the city.

kewlrabbit

Aug 6, 2008
Some of the later parts in Spartan: Total Warrior (awesome game btw) had just huge amounts of people you had to fight. It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure there were instances of 100+.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
A crapload of Flood in Halo 3, or a crapload of police officers in GTA 4. There were dozens of both (not in the same game or at the same time, though).

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
The zombies in the maintenance tunnel in Dead Rising. Literally thousands.

raemiel

Jun 8, 2008
The Starship Troopers FPS on PC literally throws 300 arachnids at you at once. Unfortunately the SWARM game-engine they developed to do this is not quite up to the task. I'm proud to say that it's probably the worst game in my collection, its AWESOMELY bad.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Just played one map of the latest Dynasty Warriors.(6 I think)

I ended the map with 650 kills(150-200 at one time while taking over a base, killed 10-15 per second) and my friend had about 700 kills(going for the objective and killing everything in his path).

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
16 guards in a small room on Oblivion. They killed me before I thought to lower the difficulty slider.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
technically have to go with dynasty.most challenging numbers though would be lfd 2 hunters beating the 'ell out of me while im being smoked and curb stomped by 50 common just to be finished off by the tank and have my corpse defiled,oh and the common were because a boomer biled me.never be the last man standing in versus,NEVER.

Darkrain11

May 14, 2009
Ontoue said:
Ruzzian Roulette said:
1000 Heartless

Kingdom Hearts
My favorite level. :D
It's cool but it is just a practice in using reaction commands. Would have been better and more challenging had it been enemies with no RCs.

Mine has to be almost any mission in Prototype that centers on the military. The final mission before the end boss is the most enemy heavy part in the game in my opinion.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
1000 enemies at once. It is Kingdom Hearts II, you are by yourself and it is awesome!!